The X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full color 10.1” multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads and 16 gigs of internal storage. To make it a truly untethered, computer-free experience, the X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
The MPC X is a standalone sampler workstation with built in sequencer, comprehensive set of connections, a 10.1" touch control screen in addition to the MPC type controls, 16 pads, and 16 controller pots, called Q-Links including OLED screen for each. It has sister software (OS 2.0) that runs on computers and functions as DAW.
Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
Processor 1.8 GHz quad-core ARM® Cortex® A17 processor
RAM 2 GB
Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
(2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
(2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
(2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
(2) RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
(2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
(2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
(8) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/4–7/8: 4 stereo pairs)
(4) 5-pin MIDI outputs
(8) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
(1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
(1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
(2) USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
(1) SD card slot
(1) power adapter input Power via power adapter (19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included)
yeah an external 16 qlinks would be ace even a small 8 would be enough, with lcd like in mpc x
...features, so it's not as much of a pain to get decent photos. So the first two are the main workstation. MPC-X and Fantom G6 featured, but I honestly do most of my compositions with Renoise these days and sample direct into the program. Modular gear is of course all sample fodder. This is my second...
I ordered this from Sweetwater back in Feb, it finally got release 1st week of July. Mine is #111 .
It should be noted, I am neither any kind of Hip-hop OR Electronica composer. So things important to those programmers may not be vital to me.
IMO, this is one of the most beautiful...