"Dynamic" Studio Engineer needed, Brooklyn
Explode Studios is looking for a "dynamic" Audio Engineer. We are a very busy recording studio in Brooklyn, NY, recording primarily -but not only- rap artists. We feature two independent rooms with their own control room/vocal booth/lounge, working on a common server.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Common sense! Make things work! With clients, working hours, etc. we are elastic and maintain a positive attitude.
- Talent, in audio engineering: make it sound just like the artist imagined it.
- Passion: without it, it would be all meaningless. A career at Starbucks will probably give you economic stability quicker.
We work on Cubase, but most of our engineers come from PT and adapt in no time. We mostly track vocals so technically the job is not always complex, and we use a lot of our own presets in the typical session. Basics of music production definitely help.
If you are looking to be known as a New York engineer in Hip-Hop, this is for you.
If interested, send us a email at email@example.com and tell us about yourself, do not call.
Chinese (Mandarin) Audio Editor for audio books
- Take existing audio recordings of two children's e-books (already recorded in Mandarin) and create an accurate list of start and end-times of each word in the recordings. (See EXAMPLE below)
- Verify word for word correlation between script and audio file, and make corrections to script document where necessary (this should only happen a few times in entire job).
- Mandarin fluency, verbal and written.
- English fluency.
- Facility & prior experience with audio software that can output marker information in the required format (So far Pro Tools and Audacity (which is free) have been used. Other programs & DAWs may work too.)
- A lot of attention to detail!
- Referrals, Testimonials, or examples of prior experience are preferred.
$400 USD, via PayPal, for both books; covering just under 22 minutes of audio, and 3,926 Mandarin words. Doing this process in English took about 3 - 5 hours per book, but the amount of time this takes will depend a lot on how fast contractor is with their audio software.
Payment will be broken up in three installments of 1) $125 [after submission of 50 word Example of Work,] 2) $150 [after submission of 1 book completed,] 3) $125 [after submission of 2nd book].
>> email lionfishnyc [at] gmail if you're interested!
EXAMPLE OF JOB:
If the sentence "The cat ran down the hall." were recorded to audio, this process would result in a list that might look like:
0.011702 0.480363 word1
0.480363 0.991202 word2
0.991202 1.598433 word3
1.600726 2.291519 word4
2.573688 3.358821 word5
3.677452 3.818091 word6
Where word1 is "The", word2 is "cat", word3 is "ran", etc.
(No actual audio editing per se is needed for this-- it's just creating this list. The format for the list must be a text document with data presented like in the example above: [start time] -tab- [end time] -tab- [word number], one word per line.)
The purpose of this is to enable a "read-along" feature on these e-books, where the text becomes highlighted as the voiceover speaks each word.
If you want to see a video explaining the process, go here:
AV Senior Engineer
Design & Integration, Inc. (DI) is a growing Audio Visual Communications company located in Baltimore. DI designs, and builds professional AV system solutions for commercial, education and government clients and provides customers with the industry’s most advanced audio visual technologies, skilled production, technical support and ongoing services.
Job Description and Required Skills
DI is seeking an experienced AV Senior Engineer to join its team.
This position requires candidate to be self-motivated with strong leadership qualities, as well as the ability to delegate tasks and portray clear ownership of engineering projects and staff. Candidate will be well versed in commercial AV contracting, contracting schedules, AV technologies and industry standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Three years of experience in the commercial AV contracting industry
• Three years managing or supporting projects
• Four year degree in a related field
• Preferred skills/qualifications:
- Proven experience in audio-visual technologies; Control Systems, Audio and Video equipment and distribution systems.
- Proven design and troubleshooting experience of video-teleconferencing systems
- Advanced PC skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Infocomm/CTS-D Certification
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Manufacturer certifications
Design & Integration offers a comprehensive benefit package including competitive salary, health, vision, dental, and a generous retirement plan. Qualified candidates interested in joining a challenging, growth-oriented organization are encouraged to send resumes and cover letter that explains your unique qualifications in a short and compelling manner to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Design & Integration please visit: www.designandintegration.com
Josh Vamos Post Production Audio Services
I have been working in post production audio for over 5 years in broadcast and web. Please see my IMDB account for my credits and my website for examples of my work.
studio located in Cologne Germany
mostly Jazz Recordings
is looking for a new part time assistant
details see our website
Assistant Studio Manager
Overview: Hybrid Studios (HybridStudiosCa.com) is Orange County’s newest state-of-the-art film and recording studio that works with a roster of artists and production companies that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars.
This position will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day administrative duties as well as providing support to the broader team. This position also includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Answer phones, maintain and update call logs.
• Schedule appointments and calendar events.
• Generate and process invoices.
• Prepare and distribute weekly studio meeting agendas as necessary.
• Monitor and approve employee expense reports.
• Open and upload requested project files for review/approval process.
• Work with Operations to ensure that all rooms are prepared for meetings, showcases, presentations, etc.
• Filing documents and project files as necessary.
• Conduct research as directed.
• Manage and supervise studio’s staff and 3rd party services.
• Experience handling the administrative demands within the entertainment industry.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Mac and PC functionality (experience with Adobe and Avid is a plus).
• Must possess an ability to differentiate and prioritize multiple emergent situations that require immediate attention.
• Must be a poised, reliable, and discreet independent thinker who is highly organized.
• The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills (“a people person”) and an ability to work quickly and anticipate needs of the clientele/staff.
• Candidate should have interest in music and/or film and entertainment industry as whole.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion when required.
Please send Cover Letter/Resume to Careers@HybridStudiosCa.com
Director of Recording Technology
Responsibilities: Teach courses in recording technology curriculum. Coordinate recording curriculum planning. Manage studio maintenance and updates. Oversee and coordinate the recording technology portion of the Music Industry degree. Mentor students as they progress through their capstone and internship projects. Develop and maintain contacts with the professional music industry. Participate in student recruitment activities. Additional classroom teaching may be assigned based on the candidate's strengths and department needs.
Requirements: Graduate degree in music, recording industry, or a related area and significant professional experience in the field of recording technology.
Preferences: Evidence of successful teaching in music recording and/or music industry/business at the undergraduate level.
Starting Date: September 2015
Terms of Appointment: Full-Time continuing Academic Staff; Academic Year
Application Deadline: Review of files will begin 11/03/14, and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply: Submit a letter of application, vita, three current letters of recommendation, Philosophy of Teaching statement, contact information for five references, and transcripts (official or photocopy). Examples of professional recording output (CD or DVD) are also required via US mail or courier to the Search Chair.
All documents should be sent in in PDF format as email attachments to: Julie Nelson email@example.com
The CD and DVD recordings should be sent to: Chair of the Recording Technology Search Committee Department of Music University of Wisconsin Oshkosh 800 Algoma Blvd Oshkosh, WI 54901-8636 (920) 424-4224
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer.
Employment will require a criminal background check. UW Oshkosh complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis of arrest and/or conviction record.
Studio Vocalist needed for Paid work
Drive35 Entertainment is a production company based out of Dallas. We are searching for talented vocalist to be able to record high quality vocals for the songs at their home or project studio and send us in the raw vocal stem files. The vocalist need to be able to sing current Top40 hits. Once we receive the files our producers then take the files and mix them in our professional studio here. We mix songs in a variety of genres including Dance, Pop, R&B, Country and Hip hop. This is a great opportunity for you to get your voice heard and your foot in the door of the music industry. As well as make some extra money, as we have a vast volume of work.
Please send us a link to samples of your work or attach some samples. We look forward to hearing from you !!!
Check us out at Drive35.com
Mixing Engineer needed for Pop Single
I'm looking for a mixing engineer to mix the next single of an up-and-coming pop artist I'm working with (and potentially the whole album later on). If you're interested, PM me your portfolio, pricing and availability.
Los Angeles Producer Looking for Interns/Engineer
Music Production - Studio Engineer/Intern Job
To assist Multi-platinum Grammy winning Producer in North hollywood.
This job is on freelance basis and full-time/part time (immediate start), Based out of North Hollywood, Ca.
Successful applicant will be fluent in English language and easy going with a good sense of Humor, however you must be highly ambitious an ideally have experience /worked in a pro-studio prior and understand basic studio rules / etiquette & be able to follow precise instructions & guidelines, work fast and often working late and unorthodox hours.
Skill sets Required:
• Have a great understanding and knowledge of digital music production and plugins/gear - Fl Studio, multiple VST’s.
• Fast and accurate with using Pro tools 10- Tracking vocals on mac.
• Web Savvy – i.e. Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Blogging, SEO, HTML = a bonus
• Video Production & Editing – using 4K Cameras + Adobe CS6 – premier pro, after effects, Photoshop = a bonus
Please Submit your Resume or Email firstname.lastname@example.org for fastest responses.
PS. Will also go on runs for clients from time to time.
Looking for an experienced Hip Hop Mix Engineer
I've only got headphones at the moment so I'm looking for someone to help me out and mix all my beats. It'll probably be about 1 beat every 2-3 weeks or so. I'm happy to pay for your time but you've got to be good! Let me know if you're interested and we can talk.
Assitant/intern/engineer in La
Studio Engineer Assistant/Intern To assist Multi-Platinum Grammy award winning Music Producer, in Private studio.
He has worked with everyone from Mary J blige , all the way to his latest Avicii
This job is on freelance basis and full-time/Part time (immediate start) Looking to build with someone for eventually becoming a part of the TEAM.
Successful applicant will be fluent in English language and easy going with a good sense of humour, however you must be highly ambitious and have a very good ear for detail and deep understanding of melody and music & ideally have experience /worked in a pro-studio prior and understand basic studio rules / etiquette & be able to follow precise instructions & guidelines, work fast and meet strict deadlines – often working late and unorthodox hours.
• Have an understanding and knowledge of digital music production/tracking vocals and plugins/gear - especially Fl studio/Pro tools & multiple VST’s in a Pc and Mac environment
• Web Savvy – i.e. Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Blogging, SEO, HTML = a bonus
Please email me telling me why you are the ideal person for the job + links to your demo show previous works i.e. soundcloud / beatport / YouTube / itunes etc to: email@example.com
Oh you will mainly working with this kit -
Mac mini 16gb - Plugins galore
Custom Pc - Fl studio based production computer
Universal audio La 610 mk2
Blue - Dragonfly Mic
Babyface Rme interface
Pro Audio Sales Assistant Position
High-end, studio equipment retailer, serving Latin América, needs bilingual sales assistant in the Orange County, CA, US area.
Various tasks needed in assisting the Director of Sales, include: Sales support, customer assistance and general office tasks.
Must be proficient in:
English and Spanish
Mac (primary) PC (secondary)
Typing - Minimum of 40 words per minute
Perks: Excellent opportunity to grow within the company.
Buy gear at dealer cost
Medical Insurance: Offered
Get to know amazing artists and producers who are clients of Audio Gate!
Compensation depends on ability to handle tasks at different levels of management.
Please contact Melissa at (eight eight eight) 572 5825 to schedule an over-the-phone interview.
Establishing a studio in Costa del Sol
I am establishing a studio in Costa del Sol somewhere in the area between Marbella and Estepona. I am looking for someone who are willing to relocate down there and run it. I can offer accommodation. The job involves finding the space and oversee the necessary work that needs to be done to convert it into a studio. And then become the lead engineer once we are open for business. The aim is to find a space that doesn't require too much work, and a possibility is also to aim for great live room and have everything in that room. For the period before we are up and running I can only provide the accommodation, but it's a great one. And once we're up and running you get 50% of the net income. I have all the equipment and it's very high end including a Bosendorfer Grand Piano. I am ready to start this process as soon as possible.