The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The ZVEX Distortron is the gifted little sister to the ZVEX Box of Rock™. It is highly specialized to simulate the “everything on 10” sound of a classic Marshall JTM45 non-master-volume amplifier. You may use the Distortron™ effectively with many different amplifiers, but try it through an old-school non-master volume Marshall at least once. You may use your guitar’s volume control to adjust for the exact amount of distortion you need, all the way down to very clean and clear with most drive settings when the gain switch is set to Lo. DRIVE: Sets the amount of distortion. Start around 1:00 o’clock. Drive is based on my original Super Hard-On gain control, so it may crackle when turned. This is perfectly normal. TONE: Adjust for treble content. Start around 2:00 o’clock. VOLUME: Adjust for output volume level. Start around 9:00 o’clock. GAIN: “Lo/Hi” lets you choose standard “Box of Rock” gain level or a slightly boosted level. SUBS: “2-1-3” lets you choose the full “Box of Rock” sub amount (3) or two different lower levels of subs depending on your amp’s needs.

Discussions

Bass Bot TT303

Try the 303 with an analogue distortion pedal something like a MXR distortion +. Makes a huge difference than plugin distortion

View Post

Moog One - old HUGE thread

What’s the craziest thing your gonna patch on the inserts? Tape delay? Rat distortion pedal?

View Post

Moog One - old HUGE thread

Im not sure it counts as "crazy", but I'm definitely putting my Fulltone Wah and Univibe on an insert.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?