The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

mesa boogie dual amp with pedal

Zvex Box of Metal perhaps... BOX OF METAL - Video Summary I think you could use that to good effect!

View Post

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!

Nice. You must have money or something. A tech guy here hipped me on removing the germanium diode on he v4 OCD which makes it a really great sounding less gainy pedal. I also have an ICE 9 which is cool. Barber rules as far as I am concerned; Small Fry for gainer drive Cool...

View Post

Best Guitar Pedal For "Heavy Metal" distortion???

My favorite pedal for turning a clean amp into a mid/late 80's thrash metal monster is the Zvex Box of Metal. It has a noise gate too. You may need to futz with the internal gain pot to get into back into this stratosphere though. As it comes from the factory, it's set way...

View Post

Product Description

The heaviest-sounding pedal in the ZVEX lineup, the BOM has a massive amount of distortion with great thump and excellent tone control, and includes a very effective noise-silencing gate feature which can be turned off and on with a footswitch. Gain adjusts from hard to harder.