The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Yamaha TX16W is a rack-mount sampler sound module The TX16W has 12-bit sound with up to 50 kHz mono and 33 kHz stereo sampling. Its filter is digital, allowing 17 different types, with one filter/type per voice. On the rear along with a regular stereo output, there are 8 individual outputs. Samples are stored on 720kB 3.5" floppy disks. It shipped with 1.5MB of RAM but is expandable up to 6MB. The TX16W uses a Motorola 68000 processor. The operating system is loaded from disk. Unsatisfied with the original Yamaha operating system, NuEdge Development created the Typhoon 2000 OS for the TX16W, offering a different user interface, faster load time, less RAM usage, and more features, such as new filters.

Discussions

Yamaha TX16W

Hello slutz What is your view of the TX16W? Would you suggest it for low-fi and grit or you think it's not worth it? I'm familiar with the Roland S50, also a 12bit machine. How you think it compares to the Roland? I'm after character and special sound, not accuracy or hi-fi. It seems everyone says the OS is...

View Post

The ASR-10 Holy shiz...

...I SE, Emulator II+, Emulator E5000, Ensoniq ASR-10R, Akai S1100, Akai S3000XL, Roland S-550, Roland S-770, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha TX16W, Yamaha RS7000, Dynacord Add One, SCI Prophet 2002, Kurzweil K2600R, NI Kontakt. While it doesn't have extensive modulation routing options of E5000 or K2600R, what it does have is instant SOUND and some crazy...

View Post

Mic suitable for audio sampling

1/4" jack (unbalanced as far as I know). Nothing special. No 48V phantom power. Here's the Yamaha TX-16W user manual. I don't know much about mics, which is why I'm asking, but searching the web it appears the Shure SM-57 and SM-58 mics are mentioned a lot when it comes to budget, quality mics. The conclusion so far:...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?