The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Which drum machines do you own?

Oh its what we used to have???? TR 606 TR 808 TR 909 Kawai R50 Linn 9000 Roland CR78 Korg Minipops Oberheim DMX Roland R8 Visco Space Drums Emu SP 12 Korg KPR77 Simmons SDS5 Yamaha RY30 Alesis HR16 (a and b) alexP

View Post

Help me choose a classic hardware sampler

...linear interpolation with a small number of fractional bits, etc. I tested the Yamaha M3 IC (used in the SY77, RY30, etc.) and my best guess there is that it does some kind of two-stage interpolation that first upsamples the waveform data by a factor of 2 using linear interpolation, then applies some kind...

View Post

Recommendations for some under the radar vintage drum machines

Yamaha RY-30 was my first drum machine and arguably the best (I've owned RYTM, the real 909 and many others). If you don't want a sequencer then a Roland R8-M or a Yamaha RM-50.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Features Control Wheel Similar to the modulation wheel on a synthesizer, this feature allows the pitch, decay, panning, filter, balance or timing of individual instruments to be varied while the resultant sound is monitored in real time. This makes programming a more "musical" process than having to deal with a multitude of numbers and hieroglyphic parameters. 12 Instrument Pads 12 instrument pads feature full velocity sensitivity for even more expressive power. Original patterns programmed via the pads will have the right accents and dynamic flow without further need for editing. 16-Bit AWM2 2nd-Generation Advanced Wave Memory (AWM2) tone generation with programmable digital filtering and wave layering capability. A wide range of editable parameters include filter frequencies, envelopes, volume, pitch, panning and more. On-Board Memory On-board memory contains 96 voices, 100 preset patterns, 100 user patterns and 20 songs. Optional plug-in cards offer unlimited potential for expansion. Parameter Selector A parameter selector determines the parameter to be modified by the control wheel in the real-time record, step record, and parameter record modes. Data Control A Data Control feature provides a fast, easy way to select patterns, songs, change the tempo values, edit voice parameter values, and more. LCD Display Panel A 24-character x 2-line backlit liquid crystal display panel (LCD) shows all the titles, parameters, and prompts you need to operate the RY30 with optimum ease and efficiency. MIDI In and Out The MIDI IN and OUT connectors enable the RY30 to transmit and receive MIDI compatible data. Footswitch Jack This enables an optional Yamaha FC4 or FC5 footswitch be used to start and stop patterns or song playback and recording. Cassette In/Out Jack This feature allows the RY30 to be interfaced to a standard cassette recorder via a mini-plug "y" cable (stereo mini-plug > 2 mono mini-plugs) so that data can be economically stored to and retrieved from cassette tape as required.