The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The MODX7 is a compact, lightweight synthesizer, with a 76 note synth-weighted keybed. The MODX range features numerous state-of-the-art upgrades from their MOXF predecessors, including an AWM2 synth engine fortified with eight times more waveforms and 128-note stereo polyphony, a new powerful 8-operator FM-X engine with 64-note polyphony, and Motion Control Synthesis for seamless integration and powerful control of both sound engines. Other upgrades include 4-part Seamless Sound Switching, the capacity for 27 simultaneous effects, an onboard 4-in/10-out audio interface, and 768MB of internal flash memory. Other features, many carried forward from the MOXF, include the Super Knob, which gives you simultaneous control over multiple parameters; the ability to send 10 and return four audio channels plus 16 MIDI channels to/from your computer or iOS device over USB; Live Sets, which allow for Performance organization without copying, renaming, or changing order; and an A/D input that processes external audio sources through the MODX DSP. Also onboard is Yamaha’s Motion Sequences feature, which drives synth parameters via rhythmic control data you can intuitively interact with in real time; an Envelope Follower that lets you use internal or external audio as a synth parameter control source; and a Vocoder effect that re-creates the classic voice-synth sound. Features:

• 76 Keys, AWM2 & FM-X Sound Engines
  • Motion Control Synthesis & Sequences
  • Live Sets, Assignable Controls
  • Touchscreen, Multi-Parameter Super Knob
  • 4-Part Seamless Sound Switching
  • Multichannel Audio & MIDI I/O via USB
  • 1/4" Audio I/O & Pedal Inputs
  • Processes External Audio Sources
  • Source-Selectable Envelope Follower
  • Includes AC Adapter

Discussions

Yamaha MODX

...... but seriously expensive (although worth it, IMHO). While it's not in the same class of instrument as the Nord, the MODX7 looks as though it will solve a few problems for me at once, at a very attractive price.

View Post

Yamaha MODX

Hi Gearslutz! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I picked up the MODX7 a few days ago, and just thought I'd chime in with a few thoughts. For quick context, I'm a pianist/keyboardist doing mostly live gigging and band playing (rock/soul/blues/funk/pop), and a lil production work on the side. I've got a collection...

View Post

Why FM? (Yamaha style)

Well there are certainly significant enough differences between the MODX7 and the Kronos FM engines, even using the same algorithm while sweeping through modulation amounts. After thinking through several ways to reply to the statement about ignorant synthesists, I think my own goal with FM programming is not to get yet another synth...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?