The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Yamaha's HS50M powered monitors were designed to be true studio reference monitors in the tradition of the famous NS10Ms. When choosing your next pair of near field reference monitors, remember it's not just important that they sound good. They also have to be an honest reference for your mix. The new HS50M reference monitors were designed to give you exceptionally flat response, so you can really trust what you hear. This means that mixes that sound good on Yamaha HS50M speakers will sound good on anything. In fact, that's the ultimate test of a reference monitor. Bonus: these HS50M speakers look great, too.

Discussions

Calling All Yamaha HS50/80m users. You use a sub? Is the HS80m all around better?

If both monitors were combined with a sub, which would be better? So I've read that the 5" size of the HS50m vibrates faster and therefore is more accurate for mids and highs. If combined with the sub this should be the ultimate road to fame combo. Or are the HS80m's just all around better, $200...

View Post

New monitors or add subwwoofer

The Yamaha HS50M are a little bass shy for sure. A friend of mine has them in his studio and I’ve spent a lot of time in front of them. I hope this helps - There are EQ switches on the back that can help a bit. Play a song that you like and...

View Post