The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

GC2020C Whether you're operating in a professional recording or sound reinforcement environment, or otherwise in need of a dynamics processor, the Yamaha GC2020C is a serious contender. Two-Channel Compressor/Limiter Designed as a two-channel Compressor/Limiter, the GC2020C provides a wide variety of control features for precise tailoring of compression and limiting parameters, while an independent Expander Gate will help you to suppress unwanted hum, hiss or noise. External Trigger Function The External Trigger function and the related SIDE CHAIN IN and OUT jacks open up new creative possibilities by allowing either or both compressor/limiter channels to be triggered by external signals. Alternatively the signal fed to one compressor/limiter channel can be used as a trigger for the other channel and act as a ducking effect for DJ or broadcasting applications. Stereo Mixdowns Come to Life The Yamaha GC2020C will make your stereo mixdowns come to life by adding extra punch, while keeping the sound image rock-steady thanks to the Stereo Link function. Two-channel mono operation is also possible, of course. Controlling Dynamics The GC2020C is your ideal companion for controlling the dynamics of stereo signals, vocals, and any other signal source with significant and therefore undesirable, dynamic variations. Guitarists in search of more sustain will find it a clean device that preserves all the warmth and tonal characteristics of their instrument, while sound engineers will be impressed by its straightforward design, sound quality, and creative possibilities.

Discussions

Tracking compressor for bass, vocals, keys, acst gtr: PBC-6A, RNLP, dbx 160x, ???

Hey guys, I just found out my old Yamaha GC2020 compressor is generally considered to be a complete piece of crap! So I'm looking for a good tracking compressor or two for bass, vocals, keys, and maybe acoustic guitar. Small 2-channel project setup with a Great River MP-2NV and a few mics.... I've...

View Post

Meat and Potatoes Recording Chain

Sennheiser E945 -> Avalon M5 -> Klark-Teknik DN360 -> Yamaha GC2020 -> Prism AD-2 and no-one can tell me I'm wrong.

View Post

Greetings!

... Microkorg (for sale) Nord lead a1 Sampler: fully expanded yamaha a4000 Fx: Korg Drv 3000 Big muff xl pedal Mighty sound overdrive pedal Yamaha gc2020 compressor (crap compressor but great for ruining drum breaks) Behringer 4 channel dynamic processor Yamaha fx550 Waldorf 2 pole filter box My setup is nowhere near high end but it does the job I look forward...

View Post