The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Released in 1987 the main target for this digital mixer was keyboard players using the DX7 and other keyboards or tone generators on stage, but since it also featured two built-in microphone inputs plus microphone input expansion capability using the optional MLA7 head amp unit, it found use in some live sound mixing and recording applications as well. And although it was Yamaha’s seminal digital mixer, it featured advanced scene memory that allowed instant recall of a number of different mix setups, plus motor faders that moved with each recall.

Discussions

digital mixer with fireface

ok stupid questions.. can i connect the main stereo outputs of an old digital mixer like yamaha dmp7 into some of my analog inputs of a fireface 800? will all the 8 channels be audible from the one channel on fireface? i dont need sound to 8 different channels. or do i need a mixer with...

View Post

Yamaha RX11 - Video tutorial/workflow on one of the 80s best drum machines

...through MIDI, so you'd need the MJC8: You might also need the MEP4 Midi Event Processor: Obviously you'd want the DMP7 digital mixer: For your SMPTE needs (:heh:) there's the MSS1 Synchronizer:

View Post

Yamaha RX11 - Video tutorial/workflow on one of the 80s best drum machines

I have the DMP11, same thing no motorised faders, I like the effects! That MSS1 is a cool looking slab of 80s design! Totally useless in my setup though lol.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?