The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The PEQ2R is the 19" rack mount version of the PEQ2. It has a conductive plastic logarithmic taper output level potentiometer, which acts as an output fader, a 48V phantom power switch and a quarter inch instrument input jack. We've taken the PEQ1R and enhanced it to make it even better!Wunder PEQ2R Features NEW output stage added to the tail end, just before output transformer, for greater maximum gain Upgraded "NICO" transformers (Nickle/Iron/Colbalt) Improved Gain switches with over 3 x the gold contact area per switch position Improved EQ switches with over 3 x the gold contact area per switch position Light pipe pushbuttons, as used in the Wunderbar Console Discrete, active high pass filter LED metering with Green signal indicator and Red clip light 1/4" instrument input is selectable from Active or Classic Input on PEQ2R Gain knob now has one extra counter clockwise position to achieve -6db less gain (-24dB instead of -18dB like on old units) Totally redesigned enclosure with thicker gauge metal for superior shielding and better RF protection Thicker faceplate on PEQ2R 1% Metal Film resistors for lower noise floor and better matching from channel to channel Sturdier amp compensation or RF rejection capacitors New PCB with revised and optimized component layout with beefier traces RF filtering

Discussions

Impact of Preamp vs Impact of Mic

...point: I would rather use my M149 with an Apollo than use a TLM 102 with my Wunder PEQ2R. Easily. Of course, the BEST option is the M149 + Wunder. That is an absolutely beautiful sound. On the other hand, there’s no preamp in the world that can change the fact that the TLM...

View Post

What vocal mic did you use today

If this is in reference to my post, yes. I’m not saying the Apollo is objectively better than the Vintech across the board — I’m saying I prefer it for my voice in my room with a specific mic. My Wunder PEQ2R is objectively better than both, however. ;)

View Post

Rupert Neve Portico is my favorite pre, what's yours?

My favorite by far is my Wunder PEQ2R. I've owned/used some really nice stuff from Burl, Vintech, Chandler, etc. and I keep coming back to this thing. It just sounds right to me. I'm still trying to get my hands on something from Fearn, Mercury, Pendulum, or Requisite, though... abduction

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?