asking for critique on polish alt/punk/vint rock tracks
Old 17th August 2013
Gear interested

asking for critique on polish alt/punk/vint rock tracks

I'm absolutely aware that my work is far behind what I've heard here while going through the threads, but what the hell...

These are 3 of 6 songs I recorded with my band for a demo cd.

I tried to get as far as I could with the micro mix especially with the drumms. On nr 3 I used a trigered kick sample couse I wasn't satified with the sound of recorded kick and blended that with the room mic.

I would really appreciate some creative critique of those mixes mostly focused on the macro mix and over all sound + maybe some advice on vocals(really hard to get it right, I know it probably stands out too much).If any reference tracks come to your mind please let me know!

As you can see I put some compression on the master fader + brick wall limiter but I hope i didn't overdo.

1. This one is supposed to be a bit like 60's vibe.None or almost no reverbs applied yet.My reference was early The Who, some vintage R'n B.

2. This one has reverbs and automation. My reference here was The Television, early Talking Heads.

3. This one also has the reverbs and automation . I listened to some Portishead and Sonic Youth as a reference but it was rather hard to find something to relate to.

Thanks .

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search