Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Metal/Post-Hardcore Guitar Tone Attempt 1 - Advice
Old 14th March 2013
Gear Head

Metal/Post-Hardcore Guitar Tone Attempt 1 - Advice

Alright so I've been messing with guitar tones that last couple days trying to get something that fits right; I've gotten this so far. The Chorus sounds pretty good for what it is, but the intro and verse is still off.

I'm aiming for a sound like this:

And this is what I have so far (there's more instruments in the mix, but I've muted them to really hear the guitars a bit more.)

I'm a bit lost on where to go further to try and match the tones. I haven't taken an ear break in awhile today so possibly that's what's throwing me off.

Here's my current setup for the guitars. 4 different recorded tracks, L100, R100, L70, R70. The the EQ is different on the 70 compared to the 100, everything else is the same.

EQ R/L100:

EQ R/L70:

Any help, opinion, or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 16th April 2013
Gear nut

I don't do amp modeling or any Di work but the guitar in the tone your trying to get sounds like it has some digital delay much like the green line 6 pedals can do. Gives it a creamy sustain. I'm sure there is some type of plugin that can do that. Also the highs in the tone your going for jumps out a bit more. Yours sounds compressed. I find the 3rd order harmonics that distressors and fatso's give can help those cut threw without being louder just more present.

Just some ideas, like I said I'm used to mic's and hardware.
Old 3rd March 2014
Here for the gear
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search