Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Old 24th October 2012
Gear Head

just finished this song today. I'm not happy with this mix. can't put my finger on it though. I think I need to work on my delivery too. please take a listen and give me your criticism. trying to improve myself as an artist and an engineer.
Old 24th October 2012
Gear addict

It sounds like nothing has low-end except the kick/bass. Needs some serious de-essing, too. Don't be afraid to keep some low-mids in the mix, specifically the vocals and snare. Could use the ears of a mastering engineer, too...
Old 25th October 2012
Gear Head

I made a few changes. tell me what you think. it's the same link above. ^^^ I have a premium account on SoundClound which allows me to replace files that I upload while maintaing the same link and stats. I recommend everyone gets a premium account on SC.
Old 25th October 2012
Gear Head

also, I'm trying to identify where it is that I need to improve. when you listen to my vocals, do any of you guys think that my compression or EQ should be adjusted?
Old 25th October 2012
Gear Head

and can anyone give me tips on how I can improve my vocal layers
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Head

It sounds like your mixing in the blind. The highs are either extremely emphasized in the mix or the bass has been accentuated far too much.

Are you using a similar style reference track whilst playing it back at an equal loudness for comparative purposes when mixing? (so you know your heading in the right direction) This might help a lot if you are not doing so already.

As said EQ wise I would go back off on the high end. Either you are cutting too much low or boosting too much High.

Cool track though! :D
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search