What do you think?!
Old 3rd April 2010
Gear addict

What do you think?!

Had 8 hours to do 6 songs with this really talented group of highschool kids! Within the time constraints, I think this came out REALLY well, and it has far exceeded their expectations. Lemme know what you think!

Old 5th April 2010
Gear nut

My initial impressions: Decent tune and way to go working on a tight deadline.. The mix suffers mainly in the low end. The bass is over compressed and pumping, and definitely needs to be rolled off. Try a lower ratio to avoid the pumping. I think it's crowding out the bass drum entirely down there..
Old 5th April 2010
Lives for gear

I think you did them a great service under the conditions!

There are some things that could be done to improve but props on getting something together so quickly with a full band.

They should be happy with the result. Good stuff. Let us know if you're open to some sugestions. I would echo the comments of "simplessly" and for my tastes, the high hat is a bit piercing.

Old 8th April 2010
Gear addict

I'm definitely open to suggestions and would love to improve this mix on my own time, just for the sake of getting it right!

I don't remember exactly what I did to the bass, but I don't remember compressing it too much, I'll have to take a look though!

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search