Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Hold Your Head Up
Old 21st October 2009
Lives for gear

Hold Your Head Up

Could use some feedback on this mix of the old Argent classic...thanks for the listen!

Hold Your Head Up
Old 22nd October 2009
Lives for gear

Sounds a bit wayward tonally, check your tunings for both bass and the geetars (or pitch if you programmed the bass, may have missed a sharp or a flat in there...). Too much verb on the guitar and vox. Maybe you want it that way? Not a bad interpretation though, not heard this for years. Great song
Old 24th October 2009
Gear addict

Wow, the last time I heard this song was when Mother Love Bone covered it (right before Pearl Jam came out). The mix here sounds a bit thin for my tastes, but it's a really cool interpretation (and a great song to choose to cover on top of it)
Old 24th October 2009
Lives for gear

I agree with you both! I will repost in about a week without all the reverb, more beef, and the full album version. Won't be mastered, but what the hell...I do these mostly to improve my home production chops. Cover songs give you a template...a target to hit or miss, whereas original songs are like blank canvases that can baffle an amateur like me. The more of these covers I "produce", the better I get at crafting the right sounds for my own stuff.

Thanks for the help!

Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search