The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mix Off: The Fiasco 'Rise Again' Pop/Rock (YouMeAtSix, Yellowcard, All Time Low etc)
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
@bigadd0 hey I'd love your feedback on my mix -- or from anyone else that would kindly care. I managed to put some decent work on it and did a 2nd version. In my attempt and far-reaching imagination this mix is a CLA-style mix
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

to me, the bass is growing into some kind of backpipe sound (the low passlve pipes), just wondering...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Here is my version of of the song.
Bigdadd0 stated he liked big roomy drums (so do I), so that's the route I went
A pretty good deal of automation went into this to try and underpin the crescendos and give bigger impact to the choruses.

https://u89735768.dl.dropboxusercont...se%20Again.mp3
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Alvarez View Post
Listen to Joecandy, he really knows what he is talking about. After two weeks, my last mix attempt sounds totally BS to me. Though I will give this song a go again, after watching MWTM videos, I have some ideas.
Yeah same here. I listened the day after and it sounded like ****. Phase issues and stuff. I went to deep with software eq, cutting and boosting.
My computer speakers are good, but I use a sub to. Hence low mids where not really there. Gonna remix using my headphones insted. Hate mixing thru headphones though....
A great song, should be easy enough to do a good mix......
Cheers
Johan
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmj View Post
Yeah same here. I listened the day after and it sounded like ****. Phase issues and stuff. I went to deep with software eq, cutting and boosting.
My computer speakers are good, but I use a sub to. Hence low mids where not really there. Gonna remix using my headphones insted. Hate mixing thru headphones though....
A great song, should be easy enough to do a good mix......
Cheers
Johan
Yep,

I've still been playing with this song. Somehow I can't make my mixes "listenable", here's the latest one.

This song is really testing my mixing knowledge.
Attached Files

FIASCO_005_MP3.mp3 (8.70 MB, 179 views)

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

roberto, due to the many tracks and offered details, I think the technical part can only be solved after one develops a very tight and opinionated concept about the song itself. then, with some mild compromise, it can be materialized, given one has quite some allround knowledge on the subject.
you are done, when listeners completely forget that there is such a thing as a mix, and hear a good band with a hot song.
the sound is a bit this or that, given smartphone earplugs or whatever, we love the band.

I don't ask myself "is my mix good", but "does the band sound good, does it rock?"
that's also the reason I do the video. I want to feel it as a whole.

Last edited by NeoVXR; 1 week ago at 01:33 AM..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Just loading all of the tracks into my daw and hitting play sounded great. So then I decided to mess it up lol. Tracking was really nice though, I liked having the room sounds for the kick, snare, and toms.

I would still call this a rough mix. Usually i'd take it out to the car and see what jumps out at me, but I haven't done that yet. Hopefully some you guys can give your opinion on it. Thanks for checking it out.

And thanks for posting these multitracks. Really nice to work with.
Attached Files

00-Rise Again MixV1-p2p.mp3 (8.81 MB, 79 views)

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search