The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
(Music Video) Need help to mix and master better.
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Maniac

(Music Video) Need help to mix and master better.

Hey guys.

I recently made a video of a song I really like.
However, i'm not 100% happy with the mix and master.

Can y'all please give me some tips about mixing a predominantly Vocal and Piano centric track?

here's the link to the video:
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Addict

I would suggest that the piano sound more present than the vocals. Perhaps a bit louder than needed but certainly very dry compared to vocals. In this piece the vocals are most important and should be the most intimate. I would suggest to make them sound closer buy cutting some mids just a bit and adding s bit more compression and possibly small presence boost(e few db at 4-6k). Make the piano sound more distant by lowing its volume and adding some reverb. The vocals do have that "not recorded in the greatest room" kinda sound to them and not sure if you can re-record them in a better environment, if not i think the mid cut/presence boost can help.
Old 19th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drycappuccinoguy View Post
I would suggest that the piano sound more present than the vocals. Perhaps a bit louder than needed but certainly very dry compared to vocals. In this piece the vocals are most important and should be the most intimate. I would suggest to make them sound closer buy cutting some mids just a bit and adding s bit more compression and possibly small presence boost(e few db at 4-6k). Make the piano sound more distant by lowing its volume and adding some reverb. The vocals do have that "not recorded in the greatest room" kinda sound to them and not sure if you can re-record them in a better environment, if not i think the mid cut/presence boost can help.
thanks man. i'll try again
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search