The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Time management
Old 12th August 2019
Here for the gear

Time management

Lately I have been working alot and I have been finding it really hard to spend time with my family and find time to mix and learn. How do the pros do it who mix professionally and have 3 to 4 mixes they do a day? Jesus...
Old 11th September 2019
A team of assistants! really the concept of mixing 3-4 songs a day isn't happening..maybe that's true if your sessions are so prepped you only have to tweak final balances, but a mix a day is more realistic (maybe a mix and some recalls).

Personally, having a young family, given that I'm up at 6.30ish but don't start work til 10.30, I find by 6-7 I've had enough - esp if I'm mixing on my own! I still usually get to the "1st rev" of a mix in that time, but I do find things take me a little longer. And I don't work weekends unless I absolutely have to! but that's ok, things speed up and slow down according to your time of life.

I find I struggle to find time to actually play music anymore...that's what gives in my lifestyle! Which I'm trying to rectify, but it is hard.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search