The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post session depression
Old 2nd March 2019
Post session depression

Does anyone ever get depressed after a long session? I’ve found that particularly after 5 day or longer sessions, I get depressed. I love working and often am pumped full of adrenaline throughout, so some of it is obviously the physical comedown.
After 20 years I’ve become accustomed to it, so I recognize it and know how to deal, just wondering if it happens to anyone else.
Old 3rd March 2019
It hasn't happened to me, but I did find several articles online where it's been determined that there's a connection between stress and depression.
Old 21st March 2019
Here for the gear

Could it be that you are becoming emotionally attached to your studio projects? Happened to me...I fixed my psych by switching to mixing live events and am much happier...
Old 3rd September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkin View Post
Does anyone ever get depressed after a long session?
Yeah, kinda. But in my case it's a sort of loneliness. The recording will be great fun, especially if the musicians are good and everything went well (although it's there in a different way if things don't go to plan), but once it's done and everyone leaves, I find it quite sad and lonely on multiple levels.

Is that something similar or are you talking about something completely different. Can you clarify more what you mean?
Old 12th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon K View Post
Yeah, kinda. But in my case it's a sort of loneliness. The recording will be great fun, especially if the musicians are good and everything went well (although it's there in a different way if things don't go to plan), but once it's done and everyone leaves, I find it quite sad and lonely on multiple levels.

Is that something similar or are you talking about something completely different. Can you clarify more what you mean?
It could be partial loneliness, but I think it’s more a come down from days and days of adrenaline, combined with general goid feelings and vibes with the band. So loneliness could be a factor in that.
Old 8th October 2019
Here for the gear

It sounds ridiculous but it may also be connected to sunlight (Vitamin D) deficiency. It affects our feelings more than most think.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Gym, videogames, icecream and some herbs after that kind of stuff tends to fix it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search