The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2018 New Year's Resolutions
Old 31st December 2017
Lives for gear

2018 New Year's Resolutions

The New Year's Resolution can be traced back as far as the ancient Babylonians who would return borrowed objects and pay their debts.
New Year's resolution - Wikipedia

What are your gear and audio life resolutions for 2018?

Happy New Year
Old 31st December 2017
Lives for gear

My resolutions are: to give less of a f#ck about what I'm using and more about how I use what I have and whether it sounds good or not.

I'm also going to set aside 15 mins each day to do some Qi exercise - and eat more delicious healthy food.
Old 1st January 2018
My New Years resolution is to take better care of my teeth! Had a bad check up this year. I avoided the dentist for 3 years.

Now I have a handful of visits for a root canal, two crowns, and some fillings.

As far as gear, no new gear until I save for a new music computer. After that, more synths.
Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

Yeah. 2017 was a bad teeth year - but at least the dental technology is improving, and also, the new batch of UK dentists are great. Must be good training schools now.
Old 1st January 2018
Yes indeed! My old dentist moved. The new one is a young lady and she's very good. I barely felt the needle and no pain when the anesthesia wore off.
Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

Seriously? You're bringing up the topic of the British and dentistry??

Austin Powers: " I get it! I have bad teeth!"

I just came within a mouse click of purchasing a $2500 mic/pre/comp chain, (Sweetwater 48 month no interest, offer ends tonight - never a good idea to spend money under pressure) then thought about what my wife would say if she saw the package from FedEx on the back porch. Then and there I knew my resolution is to spend MUCH more time practicing all the beautiful instruments I have: guitars, sax, flute, keys, clarinet . . . and use the gear I have now until my playing is up to the quality of high end gear.

Oh. And to cut back on the bourbon.
Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
Seriously? You're bringing up the topic of the British and dentistry??
Oops, 3d printed teeth prediction for 2028.

Quote:
I just came within a mouse click of purchasing a $2500 mic/pre/comp chain, (Sweetwater 48 month no interest, offer ends tonight - never a good idea to spend money under pressure) then thought about what my wife would say if she saw the package from FedEx on the back porch...
That's a very selfless act Robert. How thoughtful!

Quote:
Then and there I knew my resolution is to spend MUCH more time practicing all the beautiful instruments I have: guitars, sax, flute, keys, clarinet . . . and use the gear I have now until my playing is up to the quality of high end gear.
Do you play them separately?

Quote:
Oh. And to cut back on the bourbon.
Mmmm.
Old 1st January 2018
Gear Addict

Get **** done. More writing, recording, mixing.

Sleep and wake up, eat and do things at the same time every single day. Stay on schedule.

Buy gear from my "wishlist" and not my "watch list".
Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Stedman View Post

Sleep and wake up, . . .
The latter is usually a good idea.
Old 16th January 2018
Sorry, don't have any.... never had any actually.

I don't have debt also.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search