The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
old school hip hop samples opinions
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Nut

old school hip hop samples opinions

So I wrote a song using a lot of old school funk samples from roberta flack. I'm pretty proud of it but I'm not really getting a huge response online. I was wondering if maybe some of you guys could check it out and let me know what you honestly think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys!

Listen to Werewolf (prod. by Mura Masa) by Standard Procedure #np on #SoundCloud
http://soundcloud.com/standardxproce...d-by-mura-masa
Old 11th March 2015
In terms of audio quality the song can be vastly improved, it sounds pretty bad, but it's not the most important thing about a track. The sample has been used like a thousand of times, it is a great sample but, you know ... time to get new sounds. About the vocal production ... I will add some vocal dubs and adds to complement the lead one. Also take care about the timing! Hope you take it constructive and will help you improve your tracks!!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search