The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mix Feedback
Old 25th January 2015
Gear Nut

Mix Feedback

I feel like this is pretty close to done, but after listening to it a bazillion times I'd love to get some feedback on the mix for this:

https://soundcloud.com/chad-bloom-mu...l-home/s-rIujQ

I did want the vocals to sound somewhat boxy... as if someone was in an abandoned shack or home.. or space... not sure if the reverb overdoes it or if it fits the vibe of the track just right. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for listening!
Old 26th January 2015
Gear Addict

Just a quick list of notes on things that popped up while I was listening:

- piano is clipping in places
- The vocals that come in at 0:40 is a little too sizzly. I'd turn down the highs there.
- I know you're going for a wet mix and I think it fits the aesthetics of the song but I think it's a tad bit too much right now. The wash of everything is making the whole mix sound a bit muddy.
- You might not be able to do anything with the mix at this point (recorded this way) but the mix is overall quite thin when the drums come in. I was expecting the low end to finally come in there but the mix was still thin.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the song.
Old 26th January 2015
Gear Nut

Thanks so much for the listen. I'm actually laying down some much better recorded vocals right now... I think this will give me a fresh start with some better sound to put only a touch of verb on it when necessary.

When the drums come in, are you referring to wanting more low end of the drums in the mix or maybe some bass in the piece?

Appreciate your feedback, thanks for listening!
Old 29th January 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioJunky View Post
Thanks so much for the listen. I'm actually laying down some much better recorded vocals right now... I think this will give me a fresh start with some better sound to put only a touch of verb on it when necessary.

When the drums come in, are you referring to wanting more low end of the drums in the mix or maybe some bass in the piece?

Appreciate your feedback, thanks for listening!
I was referring to the low end in the drums.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search