The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
First mix with new toys - GSR24M, SDRR, Satin
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

First mix with new toys - GSR24M, SDRR, Satin

Here's a little showcase for my first mix ever with these new toys: A&H GS-R24M, Klanghelm SDRR and U-He Satin.

Everything was tracked though the console and I printed SDRR (tube mode) and Satin at 15ips on the way in as well. In some sections during the mix, I used an instance of Satin in Tape delay mode.

For the mastering, I also used SDRR in console mode and Satin with the Vintage mastering preset at 15 ips.

Leave a comment about the mix if you're inclined to do so. It will give me some pointers on improving things in the future.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Head

Hi!
There's a bit too much sibilance in the first part of the song (is the vocal a bit darker in the second part?), drums should be a tad louder as the song overall should be louder (you're saying it's already mastered).
But anyway, you have some nice toys to play with
Old 22nd October 2013
Nice.... Sibbling on the voice.... It's a choice... It sounds well balanced.... So no prob with the desk...

I'd make another run with the voice with some highs rolled off and let the customer choose. Either way.... GOOD JOB!!
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Didn't expect any comments on this since it was a showcase, but thanks gents, it's appreciated.

Sickie, for the mastering, I restricted myself to Katz K-14. I didn't want to squash the thing. Not a very modern way of going at it I agree, but I'm not too fond of how music sounds nowadays.
Old 22nd February 2015
Hey, i know this is ancient, but just listened and enjoyed it a lot! Sounds very vintage to me... to what do you attribute that? The tape sim and the sdrr? I found this thread looking for stuff about Satin, and SDRR, so Im curious, thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search