The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mix feedback please! Heavy Pop Punk/Easycore Mix
Old 25th July 2013
Gear Head

Mix feedback please! Heavy Pop Punk/Easycore Mix

Lack of money for the new band mean't we went solo on this with both the recording, production and even the lyric video,

I'd love to hear any of your cristicisms on the mix, prehaps you would have decided too do things etc. feel free to fire away,

thanks,

James

Old 27th July 2013
By the sound of it, all the tracking seems pretty solid. The mix suffers levelling issues and clarity for its genre (needs a tighter snare, tighter lowend, etc). What did you track it all with?

I'd love to give this song a mix, I hear so much in it
Old 27th July 2013
I dig the **** out of this, but I'm a biased fan of the genre! Def some level issues, particularly with the lead vox, IMHO...so much potential though, keep rocking!!!
Old 27th July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana View Post
By the sound of it, all the tracking seems pretty solid. The mix suffers levelling issues and clarity for its genre (needs a tighter snare, tighter lowend, etc). What did you track it all with?

I'd love to give this song a mix, I hear so much in it
Hey dude! thanks! I think there is a lack of clarity too, I feel the guitar was a hard one too get right, trying too make it sound big and heavy without making it muddy,

I'd be intrested to hear more about your thoughts on the levelling, what was too quiet/too loud etc?

I tracked it all through my Alesis Multimix USB desk, straight into Reaper, vocals done with AKG 120 Perception mic, the guitar and bass was DI'd and software amp'd, I originally mic'd up my Marshall cab for guitar but I just couldn't get the presence I was looking for in the mix, although I did get some nice clarity from that,

Also man, if you want too give it a mix I'd love too send any stems over you might need, just ask and I'll e-mail you a download link for them or something
Old 27th July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Ivers View Post
I dig the **** out of this, but I'm a biased fan of the genre! Def some level issues, particularly with the lead vox, IMHO...so much potential though, keep rocking!!!
Thanks man! Means alot, can you say any more on the levelling? wondering if lead vox are too loud or quiet in your eyes (at a guess I'd say too loud ) haha, thanks dude!
Old 27th July 2013
Levelling might not have been the best word. It seems the drums were a little too mushed together, no clarity between them. The vocals were a touch loud, and a little too reverby.

I'd be down to give the stems a go, I don't have too much free time but I love practicing mixing all the time! PM me a download link! Make sure they all start at the same spot and commit any guitars that were amp sims with tones you like. Bass can be a tone you like or DI and I can reamp it. Or both!
Old 27th July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Levelling might not have been the best word. It seems the drums were a little too mushed together, no clarity between them. The vocals were a touch loud, and a little too reverby.

I'd be down to give the stems a go, I don't have too much free time but I love practicing mixing all the time! PM me a download link! Make sure they all start at the same spot and commit any guitars that were amp sims with tones you like. Bass can be a tone you like or DI and I can reamp it. Or both!
Yeah no worries man, I might have to send them over tonight as I'm leaving shortly, but yeah I'll send you a mix, drums are MIDI, would you want me too bounce them into audio files or just leave them as MIDI? (or both haha)
Old 27th July 2013
leave them as MIDI unless you like the sound of them
Old 28th July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
No worries man, I'll send them over in the next few hours once they are uploaded etc. haha
Old 31st July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Hey man, just to let you know I have private messaged you a link too the stems
Old 31st July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimtendo64 View Post
Hey man, just to let you know I have private messaged you a link too the stems
I likely can't do any better than what you've done with it, but I, too, would love to give it a go for the practice. It may be over the next few weekends until I can get to it, but, like I said, I dig the **** out of this tune!
Old 1st August 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Ivers View Post
I likely can't do any better than what you've done with it, but I, too, would love to give it a go for the practice. It may be over the next few weekends until I can get to it, but, like I said, I dig the **** out of this tune!
No worries man! thanks alot! just sent over the stems, have fun and let me know how you get on with them
Old 8th August 2013
Gear Head

If anyone wants stems, just let me know!
Old 9th August 2013
Gear Head

hey dude, could you send me the stems so can have a bash at mixing it loving the guitar sound!!

email is [email protected]
Old 10th August 2013
Here for the gear

Have a buddy recording this style! What amp sims did you run on this?!
Old 10th August 2013
Lives for gear

i assume the guitarist did the mixing.

post the stems and you could pick the best mix.
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisalker View Post
hey dude, could you send me the stems so can have a bash at mixing it loving the guitar sound!!

email is [email protected]
Yeah dude, sorry I have been completely busy recently, but I'll try hit you up with the stems over the next week! thanks man
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos30 View Post
i assume the guitarist did the mixing.

post the stems and you could pick the best mix.
Hey man,

I did the mixing, I'm not really a gutarist, more of a vocalist that plays guitar haha, I have a big passion for drums though, I love trying to get a good sound, however, with EZ Drummer you have to kind of just settle for the best you can get I find :P haha
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by underthegun View Post
Have a buddy recording this style! What amp sims did you run on this?!
Hey man, I ran "The Anvil" amp sim by Ignite Amps for guitar, and I think the Ignite SHB-1 on the bass amp,
Old 11th September 2013
Lives for gear
I'd have a crack at mixing it.

PM it.
Old 22nd January 2015
Here for the gear
Hey im a pretty good engineer, and id love to get some practice mixing the genre. if you could send the stems i think I would be super stoked!
[email protected]

or [email protected] if you need a google drive!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search