The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shine (using Sonar X2 and LimiterNo.6)
Old 20th June 2013
Gear Head

Shine (using Sonar X2 and LimiterNo.6)

I would appreciate your opinions on this recording and mix. I used Sonar X2, the pro channel and LimiterNo.6. The guitars are all Amplitube Fender. Thanks

Shine by clintmartin on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

If this is the wrong forum, I'm sorry.
Old 20th June 2013
I enjoyed that, thanks for sharing.

Obviously the guitar line is the focus, and it's very dynamic and interesting to listen to. I like the tone. Im not snob, and I don't have great ears or anything, but I liked the tone!

The drums sound programmed, and are kinda tiresome. They are a bit too in-your-face...maybe way too in-your-face for how chill the guitar line is. And they are just too uniform. There are fills, but no dynamics at all. It'd be much nicer to hear a real drummer playing off what you play. At times they also get in the way of the guitar line.

K, that's all I can think of! As I said, I enjoyed it! Out of interest, the limiterNo.6 was on the mix buss? How much gain reduction?
Old 20th June 2013
Gear Head

Thanks for listening! Yes the drums are EZ drummer. I had a drummer play a bit with an octapad and I edited them down to what you hear, the fills and ride I played on the octapad. Drum programming for me is a weak link...I agree. I turned the compressor off on the LimiterNo.6. I had a pc4k-s type compressor on the master bus from the pro channel in Sonar X2. The other 4 modules (in the L6) were on. As a whole there was about 4 db of gain reduction. 1 db from Sonar, 3 from L6.
Old 20th June 2013
Cool beans, nicely done overall! I'd say if you chose some mellower drum sounds it would be more fitting. Realistic drum programming...I've never tried it! I assume it's very little fun! Thanks for the details on the compression! Nice sound
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search