The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mix/Master Critique
Old 3rd June 2013
Here for the gear

Mix/Master Critique

[posted this in the newbie question forum and then remembered this forum - whoops!]

Hello, I've just recently finished a personal project and I'm looking to get some critical feedback. My room setup is not exactly ideal for mixing/mastering at the moment so I've been listening to this on several different sets of speakers in different rooms and feel ok about it.

Please find the whole album here: GiantGiant. you can download it as wavs.

What suggestions do you have that I can employ to improve my mix? I'm not necessarily going for very modern hi-fi type sound as much as I lean towards Albini-ism trying to have something a little more rich and broad sounding. Thoughts?

If you want, I can also post the unmastered material here if that may bring some more things to light. Thank you for your input!
Old 5th June 2013

I love it already within the first few bars. Looking forward to the journey!

*Puts kettle on.
Old 5th June 2013

This is amazing. Blown away in middle of track 2. Wow. I think I want your babies. Just sayin'.
Old 19th June 2013

Where have you disappeared to?

Want more info on this project!

It's like all the great metal albums I've enjoyed lately. But better. Tool, Katatonia, QOTSA, I can hear elements of them all!

There is what sounds like some crackling at the beginning. Is that deliberate (is it a field recording of a fire?)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search