give me your tips for better mix

thx
Attached Files

brutal_mix08.mp3 (3.28 MB, 150 views)

Old 24th April 2013
Gear Addict

Old 24th April 2013
Lives for gear

I think if the drums were more in your face it would be more befitting for the genre. Right now they sound a bit more on the "tone" and roomy side, rather than smacking and upfront. I think the bass guitar's attack is too abrupt as well. Especially in the intro/slower part. See if you can reign in the bass a bit more to match the stability of the guitars.
Old 24th April 2013
Here for the gear

Sort of agree (drums especially)... guitars and bass have a nice relation IMO, but both could be a bit more separate from the drums and vocals in the mix.

Overall its pretty brutal and most of it tight (some notes/chords/transitions could be tighter, if that is what you want). Lead needs to be WAY more upfront, right now its buried.

Good stuff!
Old 25th April 2013
Gear Addict

thx for your tips, I made a new mix

your advice?
Attached Files

brutal_mix13 ex.mp3 (6.56 MB, 87 views)

Old 26th April 2013
Gear Addict

Old 12th May 2013
Gear Addict

New mix!
Attached Files

br_m EX.mp3 (6.57 MB, 71 views)

Old 15th May 2013
Gear Addict

new mix
Old 15th May 2013
Lives for gear

Pilepoile, the drums still sound like rock drums man, in my opinion. The kick is boomier this time as well, which may not bode well on bigger systems and fast death metal parts. Also, overall, do you have bus compression going on? The attack and release may need to be set differently because the overall feel is sort pinned down and not conveying impact.
Old 15th May 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
Pilepoile, the drums still sound like rock drums man, in my opinion. The kick is boomier this time as well, which may not bode well on bigger systems and fast death metal parts.
Totally agree with that. Not that is bad to have a rock sound, but IMO, you could use a little less roomy sound... Try adding a few dBs on the kick by the 4 - 6k range. I would also compress the snare a little harder, it is cutting thru the mix in a way that dont matches with death metal sounds. I once have seen a topic about modern drum mixing that would be very helpfull for your case, I'll try to find it when I get some time.

Great track though!
Old 16th May 2013
Gear Addict

new mix , change kick drums; and little all the drums and guitar, maybe voice is little under mix
Attached Files

br_n MIX.mp3 (4.63 MB, 73 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search