The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Please Review (BFD Drums, MXL vox)
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

really nice tune, i think the song would sound even better with "real" drums....

but still a very nice job.

cheers
Old 27th June 2006
Gear Nut

I like the song and the sound of the drums. The snare does get a little thin at points.

I never got BFD to sound nearly that good but I never spent much time with it.

The bass is my favorite part of the song.

It reminds me a lot of Dishwalla
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Maniac

nice mix!!the drum is as good as a real drum
the production is very good as well,just feel if you have a better audio signal chain,the song will be perfect!
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Maniac

I appreciate the continued comments..... I'm going to answer as many of the comments I can in one post, so bare with me. I used the ayotte kit. As far as the song goes it was the artist and I's first co-write, I have another track with him I will post this weekend, and no it's not perfect, but the song unmastered got him an offer from a label. (pending). I agree in a sense that real drums would be different, probably a little better, but I kind of like that manufactured beat thing going on. I'm happy people like the bass, it was my first attempt at playing it on a track. See I am a drummer at heart but am not a well versed drummer, I play guitar, like a drum and the bass like a drum, brent hendrich says I produce like a drummer. I can play a few good beats but can't do a bunch of fancy stuff. So Yes I played the piano like a guitarist/drummer. I think for me it works but deffinately if your a pianist, it may sound a little trite. On the two buss I believe there is an uad 1176 and a slight ren comp, but before mastering I'm having brent bring back the compression by about a db on the mix, it still breathes a little too much at a couple times. Keep the comments coming

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search