The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nine Inch Nails - Only (Sirocco Mix)
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

Nine Inch Nails - Only (Sirocco Mix)

http://www.speedyshare.com/282202490.html

enjoy!

comments welcome!
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Hey man,

Was nice of the NIN to offer this for remix huh.

I enjoyed this track, you took it in an interesting way. I would have liked to hear more of the vocal in the track but thats personal taste.

The mix sounds spot on to me.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

ah-yes! more artists need to do this! i know duncan sheik did some ableton sessions with his latest cd, but ive yet to get that!
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Maniac

feedback.

thoughts:
(((ive heard and reviewed a million of these and this is one of the better ones...)))

love the "closer" intro and the vocal panning. damn, that snare is wide!
love the intro sound, distorted "chingggggggggggg"
love what you did at :49, thats really original, and nice and grinding, not too dirty. i actually like how the bassline is now muffled. man, panning is your friend, isnt it? i like at 2:00 how the ONLY comes in. thats good and shows your remix maturity, you dont just blast us with the vocal lines as is, you do something original.
like the buried tr vox at 2:15 or so that continue to the end.

the only thing id like to hear is a manipulation of your (very good btw) beat, like a cutup, roll, fill, something, to break it down a bit, 808 it up here and there, something like that. seems that by about 1:40 or so, my ears are wonting for a change in tempo or something. with all the crazy panning, i wonder how it sums in mono. it really jumps out of the speakers, thats for sure. mgiht want to even lofi the drum at 2:00 and let it roll for a bit, just for a changeup. i would say by 2:55, the kick snare needs to be filtered, changed, distorted, or all of the above.

overall, great work, especially great engineering.

now my money where my mouth is:
http://www.onetongun.com/9inch.htm

------------shane
Old 7th June 2006
Here for the gear

I like your remix. Very creative. I took it and cheesified it, and vocals overlap, which is bad... With that said, spent about 5 minutes on it, and I can see/hear all of the work that you put into this. Very nice, and I like the creativity.

Here's mine, haha... Be warned.
http://blueroomstudios.com/ninremix.mp3
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

my remix package was missing the other lead vox..and i thought something was wrong!

now that i hear some ofur stuff my pack i got from a friend didnt have this vocals in it..only the bg vocals and only,only....

ill have todownload it..

soundsubs...many thanks for the review..appreciate the deepness...

and brs...did i just hear michael jackson?!? nice brass
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Trent pretty much jumped the shark after Downward Spiral. It could even be argued that he jumped the shark after Pretty Hate Machine.
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
Trent pretty much jumped the shark after Downward Spiral. It could even be argued that he jumped the shark after Pretty Hate Machine.

I don't get it when people say this, Pretty Hate Machine is good but largely a bunch of break-up songs. NIN has come a long way since then.

Then again, I am a rabid fan. I saw NIN 4 times in the past year. No more!
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko/Acoustics

I don't get it when people say this, Pretty Hate Machine is good but largely a bunch of break-up songs. NIN has come a long way since then.

Then again, I am a rabid fan. I saw NIN 4 times in the past year. No more!
What's not to get? The last two albums were complete and utter ****. The songwriting on Pretty Hate Machine was phenomenal. You could literally play them on acoustic guitar and they worked. Great melodies and chord changes.

The last two albums sounds like a rich guy with more gear than ideas.
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
What's not to get? The last two albums were complete and utter ****. The songwriting on Pretty Hate Machine was phenomenal. You could literally play them on acoustic guitar and they worked. Great melodies and chord changes.

The last two albums sounds like a rich guy with more gear than ideas.
You obviously don't like this kind of music... I don't that criteria makes sense in making judgements about this stuff.

OK, this is becoming a thread hijack. Sirocco, nice job! Sounds NICE. I may even like yours better than the El-P version.
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

thread kamikazes, be gone!!!!!heh
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko/Acoustics
You obviously don't like this kind of music... I don't that criteria makes sense in making judgements about this stuff.

OK, this is becoming a thread hijack. Sirocco, nice job! Sounds NICE. I may even like yours better than the El-P version.
thank you
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco
thank you
sorry for the hijacking but Sirocco when are you gonna release your hip hop samples man... I missed your post in the one hitter thread.... I NEED THEM... lol

edit: oh yeah nice remix too
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

it kinda stalled and i went onto other ventures...but i have been getting a lot of requests so i might reconsider it
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Head

Yeah, nice remix!

Regarding your statement that more artist should put their music up for remixing I'd just like to say (shameless promotion) that I have a song out for remixing, If we get enough remixes we will put out a special EP (on CD but mostly for download on E-stores) with all the remixes.
here is the url:Remix.

No hijack intended, just liked your remix!
Beatbed
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatbed
Yeah, nice remix!

Regarding your statement that more artist should put their music up for remixing I'd just like to say (shameless promotion) that I have a song out for remixing, If we get enough remixes we will put out a special EP (on CD but mostly for download on E-stores) with all the remixes.
here is the url:Remix.

No hijack intended, just liked your remix!
Beatbed
def going for this..i do a lot of tech-house..and i listened to the original clip in the zip file... i like
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Head

cool!
Just got an OK on the sleve, it's gonna look like this:
picture!
So the names will be on the back and the title on the front
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Head

15 min Mix

One

One - 15 min Mix

Dirk

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search