The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
project after 1.5year finished.. oh my gosh:)
Old 2nd June 2006
project after 1.5year finished.. oh my gosh:)

ok guys.. this was a neverending horrorstory.. from broken mesas to ****kked up computers, coockiemonster lost his voice.. everything bad happen..

now finished.. puh.. it's symphonic Death-Metal.. but not very hard so.. you will survive..

bash the mix please (and please enter to KILL KILL KILL MODE!!):

http://www.blazingsun.ch/content/dmd...V1_1-16bit.mp3

Equipment used:
DAP & C1000 for closemicing HEADS microphones
shure SM on the rest and some e604 on the toms
all preamps are MACKIE VLZ 1604 (for guitars, voice, bass, drums)
kick triggerd
amp: MESa dual recto
bass: DI
vox: SM58 beta
room: no treatment bandroom
AD-DA: terratec EWS88 MT (16 channels.. 2 of em)
monitoring system was from the band: Spirit absolute II

yeah, it doesnt sound pro but what do you think, for a production budget of 700$ including mastering I am very pleased..

go to kill mode and tell me, it isnt so

cheers George
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Nut

So "Death-Metal" becomes symphonic with a reverberated casio keyboard strings melody at the beginning and short melodies through out the song?

The guitars are pretty in your face. The low-end was a little thin but I can't really comment since I listened with earphones, usually though I can hear a little more of the bottom with these earphones.

That's the bad, as for the good

Maybe not professional quality, but def of quality that is listenable. If a friend popped this in his car I wouldn't question it's unprofessionalism (which says a lot) then again I might have knocked him out for subjecting to me to that sort of music before I got a chance to comment (just giving you a hard time)

There were no tempo issues that I heard with the first listen at all. That's important, the guitar and drums were rock solid (I couldn't hear the bass all to well)

Wasn't crazy about the snare sound, but everything blended and there was great seperation between the cymbals and the rest of the kit. It was a clean mix.

Good job.
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

For $700 it could have been a lot worse...
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Head

LOL junebug- "So "Death-Metal" becomes symphonic with a reverberated casio keyboard strings melody at the beginning and short melodies through out the song?"
hahahahahaha ah man... i got a kick out of that.

something needs to be done about that piano symphony... find a violin player and and get him to do 2 different tracks and pitch shift one down an octave then verb the crap out of them... thats usually a good formula for a decent fakeout symphony sound.

It's totally lacking in the lows. The guitars sound fine... you just really need to bring out the bass guitar. The kickdrum could use some more 60hz bump in my opinion.
The vox are sweeet... betas rock.
Old 6th June 2006
thanx guys..

yes.. the Reasonorchestra sounds like garbage.. I agree.. but the NINTENDO STYLE is cool

jap, after listening on my genelecs I have very little lowend. hm..

thanx for the critics so far!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search