The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need some advise on the writing of this song....
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Nut

Smile Need some advise on the writing of this song....

The line pretty much says it all. I just wanted some feedback on what I could do to improve the song. I know this is gearslutz but forget about how badly it was recorded for a second and focus more on the songwriting. I'm open to all suggestions. I know it would sound a million times better if it was recorded the right way but I couldnt due to various reasons so it is what it is. The song is called "David James demo 2" and it should automatically play for you.

www.myspace.com/alongmyway
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

But where's the song ? It´s just the instrumental backing track
Or is this it ?
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Nut

Thats all we have for now,and thats what I wanted people to base there thoughts on.We have no singer right now brutha, soon hopefully though....Keep in mind we are both young kids too(I'm 20 and the drummer is 18) and neither of us has ever had a lesson in our life. I believe it could be better if it was more than just us two doing it.
Old 27th May 2006
Here for the gear

I couldn't download.
Old 28th May 2006
Gear Nut

hmmm? It should just play when you hit the link....Myspace is a pain....
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

Eh. It sounds a little dated. Sorry. Good vox may perk that up. It's good for what it is, though. Once you do have a vocalist, you may find that he/she has a hard time shining on this tune as it does not sound like it was written with vox in mind.
Old 28th May 2006
Gear Nut

huh...and I thought this was one of my easier songs to write vocals to....its pretty straight foward. The one thats called "breakaway" thats the one I havent a clue how to write vocals too. Thanks for the comment though.
Old 28th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNylen
huh...and I thought this was one of my easier songs to write vocals to....its pretty straight foward. The one thats called "breakaway" thats the one I havent a clue how to write vocals too. Thanks for the comment though.
I have the volume knob set really loud and I have a hard time hearing the instruments. I hear some noisy guitar and some drums... How did you lose this much signal?!

The song seems interesting!
Old 29th May 2006
Gear Nut

How did I lose that much signal? Inexperience. I have not a clue of what I am doing when recording....I'm really eager to learn though and I think thats the first step to getting good at it. I just need to practice and learn my gear is all. plus I'm recording in my house and all my equipment for recording is downstairs while the instruments are upstairs.Whats this mean? I have to hit the record button on the daw run upstairs as fast as I can and start playing lol. I havnt evolved much past the cave in my recording techniques lol.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search