The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Goodbye!
Old 24th May 2006
Here for the gear

Goodbye!

I posted a question as a new member. I was simply looking for some advice.

Not 1 person took the time to respond. I guess this place isn't what I thought it was.

I've deleted the thread and am moving on.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

It hurts!
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye!-cry.gif  
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

don't let the door hit you in the.....
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye!-donkey-1.jpg  
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

You need thick skin in this business or you are in for a lot of heatbreak.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrumddude

Not 1 person took the time to respond. I guess this place isn't what I thought it was.

What was your original question? Maybe I can help? We ARE normally replying to a lot of threads...! If you haven't received any reply it might be that the thread has been shadowed. You can write "bump" or similar to add attention. We do want to help each other here...!
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah let's bump this thread and meanwhile you can re-upload your song again - and I promise to write my own manifesto.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
What did you think it was? And why?.
Why did you want to know that?

Quote:
Sorry about that. Please feel free to try again sometime.

Why are you sorry? I'm sorry to but I don't know why

Quote:
b.t.w. I like drum dudes. That is one instrument I can't play worth a ****.
I can't play to click track. Why did you want to know that?
Old 24th May 2006
stike fuuck

i love you man.

what was your question?
don't give up so easy your breaking our hearts?
i don't know whether to craugh or ly?

please come back!!!!!!
what was your question?
what was your question?
what was your question?
what was your question?
what was your question?
what was your question?
what was your question?

aaaaaahhhhhhh
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Please return with your song dude!
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye!-comeback.jpg  
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:

I've been there and more than once, but how long did you give people to respond? I am always amazed by the people that post and then a couple hours later are complaining that noone has responded(I don't know if you are one of these). You have to give people a little time to respond. I've had stuff up for months without response before. Adding your own comment and pm'ing people can help sometimes too.

Deleting the thread is selfish though, IMO. If someone did end up responding, it could have helped someone else out down the road.
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Addict

Here's the deal.

In a forum like this you have people of a very high calibre in the business (I'm not one of them, but I'm honoured to be in a community where I can get their advice).

If you’re a noob like me though, you need to scope things out so you can approach things from the right angle.

I read this forum every day for three months before I made my first post. I posted 60 times before I started my first thread, and I constantly make sure to answer heaps of questions that I am qualified to answer like “what’s the best mic for $250”.

This way the big league lads don’t lose their mind with noob questions, and in the meantime I earn respect and make friends.

It means that in another 100 posts, when I do put a song up and ask for feedback, I’ll get it in spades – from the people that count!

You couldn’t walk into a top producer’s studio, give them your demo and say "what do you think of this???” But if you interned with them for sixth months and then said “hey can I get your thoughts on my demo” you’d have a shot.

Just my take anyway. In this game, you’ve gotta pay your dues.

Peace - Rez
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

Why did you go away?
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

Try posting an "analog vs. digital" or "I just love tape so much" thread -- then you'll get so many responses, you'll actually WANT to move on...

The mp3 area of this site is slower/has MUCH less action than the other sections. There are reasons for that, not the least of which being that there are other forums (in the loose sense) which really DO cater to creative OUTPUT instead of the behind-the-scenes stuff. This is definitely a sideline area of GS. Myspace et al do the mp3 thing much better and with a broader base.

Well, we're all ready to critique you now...
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

buck up my little one

ddrumdude,
Aren't you being a little sensitive? We've responded to you now....
I'm above 500 posts on this forum now. (Most of them ignorant and useless.) I've posted a number of new posts with not even a response. When I look back, it was the timing of the post (weekend posts are frequently missed), my post sucked, or what I was asking was so specific, ignorant or complicated that a response by another was responsible.
I've learned a lot from this forum. (Not that it has helped my bankbook at all.)
Have you considered bumping? It's done all the time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search