The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Needs more cowbell
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Guru

Needs more cowbell

Ok I am looking for more cowbell. We had so much fun recording this weekend this with some friends, but we feel like the cowbell just is not there. Anyone got one that is deep and scary? If you dare listen through the whole thing at the end I think the person at then end sums it up how we really feel about this..heh

Glenn

PS. this is a fast mix.
Attached Files

cowbell-04.mp3 (3.18 MB, 197 views)

Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Leather pants!

Where is the highs man - I want more cowbell. How did you guys record this?
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Guru

A guy that plays in a band with me has this band that is ending so he asked me to record as many songs in one day as we could. The set up was pretty straight; drums had a pair of SR0s, 57 on snare, and D112 on kick. I think we did the drum set up in about 10 min. heh Guitar was Les Paul with a Marshall. Miced it with a 609 into a LA-610. Bass was straight into a U5. Went back and did Voc with a 4050 into the LA-610. Cowbell (the best part) was a cooking pot then I ran it into a DM5
This is in no means some great recording (or mix), but man you got to love the COWBELL. GIVE ME MORE COWBELL!!! heh
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I tried to play some drums today - And man I like how the drums sounds in the cans - when you hear them damped by the phones... I want that sound - but it never happens.

I like what you guys are doing... Keep it coming baby!
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Guru

I was kind of surprised that it come out is well as it did considering we did everything so fast.

Drum sounds are all about the room.

I will send you more of this stuff as I get it done. I did not charge these guys (good friends and one guy being a band mate) so it is going to be getting done in my off time. All of there stuff is pretty much like that song. Southern cock rock at its best!

Glenn

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search