The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
a unique sound?
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

a unique sound?

hey,

what do you think of the production and sound? I think my fiancee has something unique going with her stuff and i'm trying to add a unique production slant.

This is my second attempt at producing and mixing an album, i don't have much gear, but i try to max it out.

interested for your thoughts.. the album has some very different stuff than this, but there are common threads throughout.

Russell
Attached Files

02 Little White Lies.mp3 (5.52 MB, 270 views)

Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

not bad---its kinda like 10,000 maniacs a little----i think your on the right track, its kinda cool that it sounds raw, you should just focus on WRITING a great song---this songs okay, but melodically, its really hactic---let the melodys breath more, it sounds like she could have a very nice haunting voice if she had a song that could bring that out....guitars a little loud for me too....
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Nut

great voice. The guitars tend to compete alittle to much with the voice frequency wise and maybe even a touch loud.

I agree with the other poster that the melody is a little bit hectic.

Really liked the overall vibe quite a bit though.

HTH
Travis
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

I like the tune in general. The guitars are bit loud and the snare is just plain irritating to me for some reason. The kick is a bit anemic as well. I think with a few tweaks you would be there.
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

nice voice sounds like Alanis Morrisette on speed.

Love the gated sort of effect on the odd guitar chord.

I agree that the guitars are mixed a little loud and seem a little close compared to the drums.

I find the drum sound to be quite unfocussed and brittle esp. on the snare and a little cymbal dominant but the playing works great for the song

Vox sounds good but the melody gets a little busy in the chorus.

A cool tune and good sound overall , i,d like to hear more when its finished
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

very cool !!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search