The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pop Tune in search of Vocals/ Mix???
Old 16th May 2006
Here for the gear

Pop Tune in search of Vocals/ Mix???

Comments? Suggestions? Dirty jokes? Would anyone like a mint?

Js

dfegad http://www.audionautix.com/transfers/poptune.mp3

In short how can I lose the amateur sound?

Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

whoa...no cymbals at all...that's cool I like it.

Yeah, vocals and a proper mix, and this song would be good I think...maybe a guitar change in the pre chorus, and another in the chorus would be nice to move it along....etc etc...
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

right off the bat, the acoustic guitars sound way to thin. definitly bring it up in the low mids just for some body.
other than that, it actually sounds real good. i like the little beat things that quickly transition the chorus and verse. i think this is a pretty good song, and with vocals, it will be really solid.
Old 16th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrokz
right off the bat, the acoustic guitars sound way to thin. definitly bring it up in the low mids just for some body.
I don't bring up the low mid's for NO body!heh

(kidding....good call. Thanx)
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Maniac

that took me a second. i was like.....wtf? then i reread what i wrote. eh its 5 am. haha pointless post. definitly repost it after that. just curious to see how it sounds.
Old 17th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
whoa...no cymbals at all...that's cool I like it.

Yeah, vocals and a proper mix, and this song would be good I think...maybe a guitar change in the pre chorus, and another in the chorus would be nice to move it along....etc etc...

Ah but there ARE cymbals. You implied this doesn't have a proper mix. What would you change? I'm already working on fattening up the acoustic guitars.

Just how improper is it?
Old 17th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrokz
that took me a second. i was like.....wtf? then i reread what i wrote. eh its 5 am. haha pointless post. definitly repost it after that. just curious to see how it sounds.
Not at all a pointless post! The comment about the thin acoustic guitar was spot on. I scooped out a little too much bottom. I am going to recut them with new strings anyway because I rendered the EQ on those tracks. Thanks again!!

Js
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionautix
Ah but there ARE cymbals. You implied this doesn't have a proper mix. What would you change? I'm already working on fattening up the acoustic guitars.

Just how improper is it?

hmm....I don't hear any crashes or anything...I know there's the HH. I was refering to crashes, rides, etc.

The mix is kinda boring. I like the space of everything, but it's flat and stale I feel. Also, the top end is really cheap sounding, and a lot of stuff dosen't have the definition it should. I like the stereo spread though.
Old 18th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
hmm....I don't hear any crashes or anything...I know there's the HH. I was refering to crashes, rides, etc.

The mix is kinda boring. I like the space of everything, but it's flat and stale I feel. Also, the top end is really cheap sounding, and a lot of stuff dosen't have the definition it should. I like the stereo spread though.

Your right! I'm going to transfer this mix to my console/converter setup and see if I can get the top end a lot sweeter. I've been trying to cut corners, take the easy way out, and I just have to face that it can't be done. Thanks for your comments.

Js
Old 20th May 2006
Here for the gear

2nd try from in the box.

http://www.audionautix.com/transfers/poptune.mp3

Old 27th February 2007
Lives for gear

To me it is improved rightnow. I would definately work on the EQing, think about where you add the reverb. Perhaps some slight compression and or some overdrive (just a little bit!!!) on one or two instruments will take you to the next level!

Good luck!

P.S.: Where are the guits from?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search