The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hey all, would like to have some opinions on these tunes
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Head

Hey all, would like to have some opinions on these tunes

Hi all,

i recently finished some projects and it just would be cool to get some opinions on these tracks:

Burst in flames

Hellfire

Flying Aces

any comments or opinions would be appreciated. thanks a lot in advance!
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Head

... and i wouldn't be angry if the comments are negative
just some hints would be cool. thanks a lot!
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

For games and commercial - movies etc - this is cool but for me who loves music this comes out a little flat and uninteresting. I was impressed by the low-end. The programming and playing seems competent. I know this music would get more impact together with images... What is this music for?

I didn't know what to write earlier but at the same time it's nice to hear all sort of genres here at GS. Thanks for sharing!
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Head

hey dim light,

thanks a lot for your comments!
i completely forgot to write what these pieces are for so i am kinda glad you already kinda mentioned the genre

the first two pieces are backing tracks for an actually free downloadable shooter game. the client wanted a really rude and harsh piece with lots of guitars, power and orchestra in the back and no disturbing or irritating melody.

the third track (is one of the track which) supports the battlescenes for an upcoming big game title which is similar to wing commander.

in general this is what i do most at the moment. writing for games, films and licence music.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Ok - thanks for the info... then it sounds mint man! keep it up.
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Maniac

damn. with music like that, the game must be intense. id like to play it (if i wasn't on a mac). very good stuff
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Head

hey tgrokz,

well i don't want to do spam advertising (the game with the 1st two tracks is free to download anyway )

you can get it here: http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=105

again, the 3rd track is from a space shooter game: "darkstar one" which releases actually tomorrow i guess and will be pretty huge in germany (at least i hope so) ...

thanks for your comments, the downloadable game isn't that intense, but it is actually cool to have kinda of not just "beep-beep" music for an arcade shooting game
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Sounds cool for game music! Might wanna do some volume automation...and kill the "smack" on the really fast kick parts...this isn't a metal song
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Head

hehe thanks. will keep that in mind for the next time!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search