Alt pop/rock

Hi,
Should I change something here?
Do you like the mix?
And the song?
How do I play the drums?
Thank you!
Attached Files

Dark Smile - Sinking In The Mud.mp3 (4.17 MB, 1231 views)

Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

The drums are out of phase.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim light
The drums are out of phase.
what do you mean out of phase?
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Smile
Hi,
How do I play the drums?
Thank you!
The drums require you to use sticks and then you hit them, preferably in time.
If youd like to learn more about "how to play the drums" then why not get lessons.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chymer
The drums require you to use sticks and then you hit them, preferably in time.
If youd like to learn more about "how to play the drums" then why not get lessons.

Is your Spanish as good as his English?

..How are the guitar lessons coming?

Maybe consider some lessons to improve your people skills as well.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore

Ok, you all are smart asses, but could you please turn your sarcastic mode off and say something about this song? I bet you can.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

It needs a lot of work. It's not very pleasing to listen to...overall. Not just sonically, but musically also. I can hear a good song under there.....somewhere....
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
It needs a lot of work. It's not very pleasing to listen to...overall. Not just sonically, but musically also. I can hear a good song under there.....somewhere....
Thank you for your feedback, but I think your opinion has got something to do with the fact that you make a living mixing tracks (or trying to). In any case I think it's not that bad. By the way, I've been checking out some of the songs you have mixed and they aren't much more pleasing to listen to than this one. Perhaps they aren't my cup of tea.
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you for your feedback, but I think your opinion has got something to do with the fact that you make a living mixing tracks (or trying to). In any case I think it's not that bad. By the way, I've been checking out some of the songs you have mixed and they aren't much more pleasing to listen to than this one. Perhaps they aren't my cup of tea.

It has nothing to do with the mix, and if you don't like the music I mix then that's fine...don't listen to it. I could care less honestly.

I wasen't trying to start a fight, but IMHFO this song needs a lot of production work. The drum performance has no groove, and is far from something I'd call musical. The guitar parts need changing...bla bla bla.

Like I said..it's got potential....
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Head

there's funny sizzle to the cymbals/drums, they sound phasey as the others noticed. if you're not sure what that means put two same tracks on 2 channels in your sequencer and move one of them 1 or 2 miliseconds.
drum programming is not good. it's too stiff, too accurate. randomize/swing midi notes, there should be functions for that in every decent sequencer or do it by hand. distorted guitars sound somewhat cheap. i would change/layer the sound and put them more in the background.
song is melody-wise too formulaic for my taste, but I can imagine people liking it. that's good for career (no irony here).
but why the hell such a loudness? or you didn't have any dynamics to save in the first place?
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Ok, you all are smart asses, but could you please turn your sarcastic mode off and say something about this song? I bet you can.
I was sticking up for you when that other person was making fun of your English. Next time I won't. I planned on commenting on the song when I had time, but I no longer see a point in wasting my time.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketz
there's funny sizzle to the cymbals/drums, they sound phasey as the others noticed. if you're not sure what that means put two same tracks on 2 channels in your sequencer and move one of them 1 or 2 miliseconds.
drum programming is not good. it's too stiff, too accurate. randomize/swing midi notes, there should be functions for that in every decent sequencer or do it by hand. distorted guitars sound somewhat cheap. i would change/layer the sound and put them more in the background.
song is melody-wise too formulaic for my taste, but I can imagine people liking it. that's good for career (no irony here).
but why the hell such a loudness? or you didn't have any dynamics to save in the first place?
Hi,
I agree with you on almost everything. I'll try to fix the drums with a mono track of the snare, and I'll randomize it all in a more radical way. On the other hand I like these cheap guitars, it's a sound that I was looking for. About the loudness, you are right again... why the hell such a loudness? I still don't know... perhaps I'm a victim of the volume wars.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your comments.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore

Sorry, but I thought you were answering me. I apologize for it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search