The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
i think i finally nailed it
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Maniac

i think i finally nailed it

so i recorded my band about 6 or 7 months ago. well, i recorded guitars, vocals and bass (using an mbox). the drums were done in another location, and i did not record them. i mixed it and was never really happy with the overall turn out. the guitars were recorded wrong (because the guitar player HAD to have it his way) and the drums sounded terrible (they were recorded with that really cheap shure drum mic package). i read up on home mastering and decided to go back, remix it, and attempt my first self mastering. my gear is VERY limited, so ii only used my pair of akg k271s and my cheapo computer speakers. tell me what you think

The Unic*nt

i still dont like the snare and the guitars, but i tried my best with them. i wish you could hear how they sound without anything on them. yuch.

oh and yes, the res tof the band wanted that "overly compressed radio single" sound, so going against my best wishes, i did what i could.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search