The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A Work In Progress
Old 9th May 2006
Lives for gear

A Work In Progress

I am learning to mix ITB. I'll take any advice given. Thanks.

Attachment 19577
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

wow 16 downloads and no advice....don't hold back you won't hurt my feelings. I learn from this forum I want to get better. Thanks.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear
guitars sound phasey to me. how did you track them? can you give more details on what you did mixwise in the song? there is not a lot of depth to the mix. The percussion is not popping out much either..so that is an EQ issue probably.

the vocal is cool..i like the singer, but there is no urgency in his voice and that can lose a listener pretty fast. also no real defineable chrous that grabs me.

i hope i don't sound like a jerk, the vibe of the music is cool..i think the song needs more life in the mix and the arrangement is all.
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

I hear ya. I worked a little more with it last night and took your advice. This is all for practice so what you said was not taken as anything but constructive. I hope to re-record the whole thing. I used a stereo pair of mxl 603's on the guitar in an xy pattern, and as you can hear it did not sound great. Thanks for your input.
Old 13th May 2006
Here for the gear

This is my first song review so forgive me if I sound harsh. I think the whole thing sounds a bit flat, not much sound on the drums they kinda sound like you were hitting a cardborad box. I did like the singer but he needed more urgency in his voice. I did like the song though.
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

here's an update. This is all practice. I don't think it's harsh you're right. BTW, they are bongos, it's a little challenging to get a good sound out of them

Attachment 19784

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search