The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
erhu fronted rock mix (Help!)
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Head

erhu fronted rock mix (Help!)

Hey,
This is a bit of a strange mix as I'm used to doing local "screamo" bands, so I'm looking for any comments at all about how I handled it (either tracking or mixing). Its a hard rock band fronted by an erhu(chinese violin) player rather than a singer. The band is called hsu-nami. It was recorded and mixed at my home studio. Thanks a lot in advance for any comments.

Hsu-nami - Rogue.mp3

or you can listen to it on myspace www.myspace.com/hsunamirocks
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Head

I like it. I think it could be a little brighter. The brightest sounds come from the cymbals. I'm not sure what the Erhu sounds like live, but I think if it sparkled a lil more on the hi-fre that would give the track more body. the guitar that comes in 2:45 adds a lil more presence, I like how it picks up after 3minutes. Have the Erhu sit out front a lil more, right now the verb makes it sound like its on a concert stage. Good work.
Old 10th May 2006
Lives for gear

Interesting! Didn't know Hsu-Nami was picking up in notoriety... We're myspace friends and I think they are the only other American erhu rock band I know of besides our own.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search