The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Check out my 2nd original song ever. . .
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Check out my 2nd original song ever. . .

http://www.myspace.com/velvetaudiorecording

So I'm a drummer and I pretty much only record live bands but a friend of mine writes comic books and asked me to do something for him. He wanted a song for his website for background or something. So I started messing around with looping some guitar parts that I had been kicking around and anyway, this is it.

Please give me some feedback for the music or mix. It's pretty basic. Also, the "vox" are samples I took from some religious tape that we found at a truck stop while coming back from a show a few years ago - worked perfect as the comic book is going to be called Kill the Devil.

Thanks!
T-rex
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Head

There's a lot of frequency overlap between the vox and the guitar. I would reccomend some slight panning, ducking, changing the eq.
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Addict

Nice one!

I think this would be really cool for a comic book website. The samples are dope. It's really interesting to listen to, yet can also fall into the background and let the artwork take centre stage.

Can't really comment on the mix, coz I'm just listening through crappy headphones at my girlfriends place.

Cheers - Rez
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the comments!

I actually wanted the vox samples buried a little bit, but I agree there is a lot of overlap. I couldn't seem to get it balanced well. On smaller computer speakers it seems I can make out the vox too well in parts but on speakers with decent midrange/bass response it's too muffled.

Thanks again for the comments.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search