The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How am i doing
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Nut

How am i doing

This is a rough mix for a friend from church . I dont have great equipment or the most experience. I am just looking for advice. This is just a clip of the second verse and Chorus Thanks --CK
Attached Files

Not our own clip.mp3 (2.01 MB, 171 views)

Old 8th May 2006
Gear Nut

Any Thoughts Please?
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Head

turn up the backround vox add more bass to the kick in the second song. love the delay.
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Head

sry bout the second song i know their is none lol itunes went to the next song
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

Actually a good song! I think the song is a bit drowned in the guitar though, and the bass is far to low in volume. Turn down the guitar, and compress the vocals a bit more to even it out. I also feel the kick lacks definition. Try to compress it with a longer attacktime, maybe? Overall, good work!
Old 8th May 2006
Here for the gear

Cool

Good song! Nice vocals.

The drums lack power as they seem to be all lows and highs. Drums need some 100 to 500 k. Vocals are out front but overall rhythm instruments are weak and undefined. The fact the snare is panned is also a bit distracting.

Js
Old 8th May 2006
Gear Nut

Here are some tweeks...Tighter Kick(Gated at little more with some URS Neve Eq to boost some 80k and 3.2k, i boosted the over all drum buss level about 2.5 db. I brought Down The Guitars and BOOSTED the Bass Big time...might be overkill. I am having trouble finding the spot for the vocals, i compressed them a little more with RVox and i boosted the Female Vox. I also tried my hand at Automation...so let me know if i can change anymore. I have not been doing this very long so any/all suggestions are wanted so i can help develop my skills(say that in your best Napoleon Dynamite Impression)
Thanks --CK
Attached Files

not our own tweeks.mp3 (2.41 MB, 84 views)

Old 9th May 2006
Gear Nut

any thoughts on the tweeks?--CK
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Head

i'm not expert by any means, but the difference I could tell in to the two was the second one seemed to cut the transient hi's and beef up the mids and lows on the instrumentals. I liked the sparkle of the first one, but the low end was a little week. I would suggest an eq/mix that retains the presence of the high end, gives body and clarity to the low end with space in the middle for the vocals. Let some of the symbols transients back in. I liked the guitar on the left. In the second mix the snare is very prominant and the sound is very right heavy. Overall I think the 1st mix has more umph. I think the weak link is the vocals, the just need more power. The lead singer doesn't seem to convey the passion of the instrumental.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search