The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice on this pop punk mix
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Advice on this pop punk mix

Just looking for a bit of advice on my mix. (Mix for Vox)

The band have given me a previous recording that I've got to copy the production effects etc for (Kids of Tomorrow). So had to reach for my trusty SSD stuff (only 30% mix on kick and snare) as the original is all replaced with Drumagog.

At this stage I've not spent much time on getting the vocals all in, the harmonies are way off and I've offered to redo them myself. Really I think I've just got a horrible mushy low end that I wanna get tighter (bass player had a Warwick active Corvette into our Ampeg CL / 410HLF that is helping the mush exist) but all feedback is appreciated!

I've got to go in and sort the drum build ups out aswell but I thought it would be good to get some ears in at this early stage.

Be as brutal as you want...
Attached Files

mix for vox.mp3 (5.91 MB, 87 views)

The Kids of Tomorrow.mp3 (4.96 MB, 111 views)

Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Anybody? Really looking for any constructive criticism.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search