The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new to forum feedback on first mix appreciated
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

new to forum feedback on first mix appreciated

Hi
This is my first post.I have been working on this track for some time now.
Only have a small bedroom studio with budget monitors. Would be grateful if I could get some feedback on the mix
thanks
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Nut
man, this tune takes me back! cool feel.

Here's some critique:
- to my ears, the hi hat sounds a bit harsh in the 7-11k region. do a broad-ish cut around there and I think your drums will start to gel a bit better
- I really want to feel the guitars during your choruses. Could record some more passes and layer, or automate them up.. but i feel like you could make the chorus more powerful with them.
- I also want to feel the kick. Its buried in there somewhere. Even if you're going for more of a metal-ly thin kick..

Just my two cents. Nice work!
Old 21st September 2011
Here for the gear

Hi DanH
Thanks for the critique.I don't think I can hear that much detail on my system so its nice for other people to listen and give feedback. I will take on board what you said. Try lifting gtrs in chorus, don't really like too many layered gtrs, kinda takes the rawness away.Will turn up kick.Thanks again for getting back to me

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search