The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
First post! Deathcore mix
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

First post! Deathcore mix

Hey guys this is my first post here and wanted to get some opinions on a mix I am working on for a local band here in SLC. Please give any and all criticisms, I really want to take my mixing to the next level.

Guitars - POD and Impulse Loader (Kefir)
Bass - UAD Nigel
Vocals - MXL
Drums - Programmed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3516179/Seei...0Dimension.mp3
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Anything? I would really appreciate the help guys.
Old 18th September 2011
Sounds pretty sick....vocals are crazy. My only complaint is that the vocals are a bit too dry, but this is just opinion. I'm a HUGE effects guy - reverb, delay, filters, choppy vocals, etc. Besides that, I'm digging it, though I'm not on my rig right now, just my macbook...Ill give it another listen on the rig when its not so early in the morning lol.

P.S. - The ratio of genre interest for metal (metal:all others) is ridiculously low on the gearslutz...Its like 1:100000000000 - no one here ever really talks about metal - sad to me. I asked Jules if he would create a metal only forum for metal mixes (like the hip hop one), so the metal community could easily get together and discuss, but nothing has happened :(.

So, If its metal related I like to post it here on GS as well as here:

Rate my mix/tone threads - Ultimate Metal Forum

I get a little more help from those guys than here if its a metal mix.

PSS - Check my metal project, BeyondtheEndMetal's Channel - YouTube or Beyond the End | Facebook

Its more melodic, but its got some death metal and deathcore elements. Drums are programmed also.

Tell your vocalist his lows are sick!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search