The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acoustic Demo for Amazing Songwriter
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Acoustic Demo for Amazing Songwriter

Let me know what you think! and there's more than one song. Click the link for another. and another.

Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Wow — what a beautiful and moving track... I got choked up, I'm embarrassed to say.

It's just an idea, but from a production standpoint, I might consider actually working out a nice harmonization for the bits where the vocal is multi-tracked. It certainly doesn't need to be complicated, but I think a little bit of harmony could go a long way towards making the track even more expressive. It could even begin unison, and then occasionally split into harmony... I dunno, the possibilities are endless. As of now, I think the constant unison doubling is — with complete due respect — keeping the tune from perhaps being everything that it obviously could be.

Also, perhaps roll some more super high freqs out of the reverb? There seems to be an ever-so-slight high frequency, digital "ping" to its quality that could probably be mitigated by using a LPF on the reverb return...

Anyway, small stuff regarding a wonderful song — thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

She might think about editing a bit. 1000 words in a single song is a bit much.

The double tracked vocals sound bad.

Guitar and voice lessons sound like they're in order here. I understand its not hip nowadays to technically sing well, or play an instrument well, or to
have really any musical ability at all, but i still think its important.
I guess im old fashioned.

TK
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
She might think about editing a bit. 1000 words in a single song is a bit much.

The double tracked vocals sound bad.

Guitar and voice lessons sound like they're in order here. I understand its not hip nowadays to technically sing well, or play an instrument well, or to
have really any musical ability at all, but i still think its important.
I guess im old fashioned.

TK
i'm just gonna first say thanks to the responses.

I'll hit yours one by one.

1000 words in a song doesn't matter. There are plenty of songs where they have a ton of vocals. Led Zeppelin, red hot chili peppers, Metallica. The list goes on and on. I for one love the fact that he runs include a lot of lyrics at times.

This song isn't supposed to sound produced. my Doubling may not be the best - then why not give me something to try to make the doubling sound better instead of just frankly saying hey man this is bad. I'm all for some criticism and i can take it. but **** like that? come on lets be a little more professional.

Now for the guitar and vocal lessons. She's very talented with her voice. if you listened to the other song she does a great job vocally. and old fashion means no auto tune no melodyne which is exactly what i did. let her sing and that's what i got. you may not understand all the reasons behind why he vocal cut may not have been perfect but say "hey man there's a couple spots where she messed up, maybe tell her to redo those." not that hard. and her guitar skills are shaky at times yes, but no one is perfect. and it's supposed to have more of a live feel, considering that's how i tracked it. I'm not trying to bring in the best musicians to make this perfect - she did a great job by herself.

Like i said earlier i wouldn't have posted this is i couldn't take criticism, but man you need to learn how to help not harm.

I'm trying to help you on this for future posts and people who may care more about this than i do. but what you do is out of my hands.

thanks again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search