The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Family Band - Again (Weathervane Raw Tracks) Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Family Band - Again (Weathervane Raw Tracks)

I went for a lofi drum machine type backbeat to this progressive slow building track. Thoughts are much appreciated.

It is not mastered so you will need to turn it up.

Thanks to Brian and the band for making this track freely available, it was great fun to play with.

Attached Files

Again Mixed By Will Louch test.mp3 (4.99 MB, 137 views)

Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

forgot the file...
Old 1st October 2011
Gear Head

its Nice, when u start out its good mix(somedirt) But good. On the build up the panning is too sudden(for my taste) and Dynamics need to be controlled a little, But all in all Let me know what u think of mine over where u originaly posted
Old 1st October 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlouch View Post
forgot the file...
I enjoyed it - nice pace to the build and a pleasing laid back feel with good restraint - the singer has a really nice voice and some great textures. I had a few impressions ...

The last vocal line before the rhythm kicks in properly too much reverb and just a bit much level wise - as it stands it shrinks the scale after the transition into the build which I found distracting.

The chunky rhythm guitar sounds a bit muted - I'd be tempted to drop some lows on it.

The panned squeezebox type thing is just a bit distracting, but I wonder if it is the nasal quality to the sound rather than the panning?

Just my 0.02c

Piet Haag
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search