The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My new prog track Desktop Synthesizers
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear
My new track

Distinct Essentials (extended) by Dub Relation on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

i`ve learned a lot from here about mixing, so i upload my work in focus now
Old 13th September 2011
Not a genre I know a lot about, but it's kind of misleading to call it 'prog', since it has nothing to do with progressive music at all. It's dance music. As dance music it sounds good enough to me. There's plenty going on but it's not crowded or messy. Low end sounds tight to the degree I can tell on these small speakers.
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear
edit

ok i remove the "prog" thanks
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Cool track man, I like it. I can see why you'd call it prog, a lot of the progressive house music on the market now sounds a bit like this, even if the modern progressive doesn't really 'progress' like the original music did. either way, I do like it a lot, good job
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear
originally its made with basic logic instruments,

but last week i remodelled some bass and lead sound by a moog sp
amd some atmosphere comes from virus ti since than

the vocal track is just for the desired target soundings, but it should be replaced later by a real vocal track (any ideas to make it real to find a vocalist like that soundings?)
Old 14th September 2011
AvS
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
Not a genre I know a lot about, but it's kind of misleading to call it 'prog', since it has nothing to do with progressive music at all. It's dance music.
Dude c'mon. If its not a genre you know about then perhaps not give advice about what to call it. As L.S.D. says this is what progressive house/trance sounds like.

It's a bit to trancey for my taste but mix sounds quite good. Could perhaps be a tiny bit faster and i find that some of the bass synth stabs sounds sound a bit out of tune.
Old 14th September 2011
But he didn't say it was progressive HOUSE, he said it was prog, which I think most everyone would take to mean progressive rock. And if this is what 'progressive' house sounds like, what is the progressive part of that?
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

True, and yeah, a lot of progressive these days doesn't seem to even be progressive. Seems like anything with filtered plucks that may or may not open up with white noise buildups and reverse cymbals everywhere is considered prog house...
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvS View Post
Dude c'mon. If its not a genre you know about then perhaps not give advice about what to call it. As L.S.D. says this is what progressive house/trance sounds like.

It's a bit to trancey for my taste but mix sounds quite good. Could perhaps be a tiny bit faster and i find that some of the bass synth stabs sounds sound a bit out of tune.

For me as well a little bit trancey.
And the bass stabs are really out of tune a bit. The reason is I bought my moog SP 1day before I upload, and I replaced all my existing bass themes with it, and I have to tune it by ear. I just realized a few days later when i read the manual that it has to be warmed 30 min before use and it has an auto tune function also heh
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search