The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A new spin on a Bob Marley song -- A cover of the Redemption Song Condenser Microphones
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

A new spin on a Bob Marley song -- A cover of the Redemption Song

Hey guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogi5C18-j2o
Original MP3: http://www.mrosenblatt.net/ss/redemption-song.mp3

We recorded, mixed, and edited that this afternoon. I'm on drums -- I had never heard the song before today, and rehearsed it only twice before the recording. However, we still really like how it came out overall. We considered redoing it one day to help remove the few mistakes in the playing, but we really dig how it came out.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Written By: Bob Marley
Covered By: Michael Kapsch/Matthew Rosenblatt
Check out www.Dijistudios.com for more music and information.

Vocal Microphones: MXL Genesis (via UA LA-610), MXL V69, Shure SM27. MXL Genesis is what was chosen in the end.
Old 12th September 2011
Here for the gear

Can't view it

I was unable to get your embedded Flash media to play in either the latest Firefox, Chrome or IE browsers. Just me?
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplitude View Post
I was unable to get your embedded Flash media to play in either the latest Firefox, Chrome or IE browsers. Just me?
I'm not sure why -- I used the Youtube embed option here in Gearslutz. I've removed the embed and done a direct URL to the Youtube page. I also posted up a URL to the MP3 audio. It doesn't sound anywhere near as good on youtube as it does in the MP3.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search